• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Diontae Johnson could breakout

shaq

2 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

i plan on taking him as my Flex in both my leagues. 

That’s a great plan, not only is it a good pick but it’s fun to have a Panthers guy on the fantasy roster. Outside of Diontae and Brooks when he gets back, there’s not really anyone fantasy relevant.

• Pie 2

I think he’ll definitely have a big year. He is clearly the #1 receiving option in this offense, and there has been heavy emphasis on developing the connection between he and Bryce Young. If Thielen can be a 1000+ receiver in last year’s abysmal offense,  Johnson should break 1500.

Fantasy-wise I think he’s a t6 option in Ppr.

Edited by WUnderhill
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't draft Panthers players to diversify my enjoyment of the football season, but you make some great points.  Not what I expected when I clicked.

That’s a very reasonable strategy for an enjoyable season haha. But thanks man, just tryna give another perspective that the media doesn’t offer. Best place to find value in fantasy is where the majority of people ignore offenses for whatever reason or biases present.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I think he’ll definitely have a big year. He is clearly the #1 receiving option in this offense, and there has been heavy emphasis on developing the connection between he and Bryce Young. If Thielen can be a 1000+ receiver in last year’s abysmal offense,  Johnson should break 1500.

Could not agree more brother! If Bryce and Diontae get a real connection it’s gonna be fun to watch, also just gonna be nice to have a real separator at WR. Thielan is a good route runner, he just has lost a step and offers nothing RAC wise.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, shaq said:

That’s a great plan, not only is it a good pick but it’s fun to have a Panthers guy on the fantasy roster. Outside of Diontae and Brooks when he gets back, there’s not really anyone fantasy relevant.

Chuba should be. Only problem is not knowing how the position will be handled second half of the season once Brooks is up to speed.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't draft Panthers players to diversify my enjoyment of the football season, but you make some great points.  Not what I expected when I clicked.

I always make sure not to draft anybody from our division because I don’t want to root for any of their players to do well ever.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Chuba should be. Only problem is not knowing how the position will be handled second half of the season once Brooks is up to speed.

Yeah honestly everything surrounding Brooks has been really quiet. For a while they made it out that he would be ready week 1, then quietly it came out he would likely start in the PUP to start the year. I really am curious how they handle him when he’s healthly, especially if Chuba is having a solid year.

Could break out?

Nah he's going to breakout. He will be a top 10 WR this season. The moment the trade happened and I looked at his film this kid has the skills to be a #1 WR. His ability to get open off the line of scrimmage is top 5 elite. You can't teach that this kid will be a household name by the end of the season. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Could break out?

Nah he's going to breakout. He will be a top 10 WR this season. The moment the trade happened and I looked at his film this kid has the skills to be a #1 WR. His ability to get open off the line of scrimmage is top 5 elite. You can't teach that this kid will be a household name by the end of the season. 

Oh no he’s cursed now.  Just kidding lol

• Pie 1