• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Diontae Johnson could breakout

shaq

I'll be honest, not sure I'm too high on drafting any Panther for fantasy this year outside of Brooks depending on your league format

I was VERY high on Theilen last year and my league laughed at me when I overspent to get him (we do an auction, pretty sure I was just getting bid up, but I wasn't losing him).  He was a perfect fit with Bryce without us having any legit outside WRs and I was right, he killed it in fantasy, even if he tapered off a bit towards the end of the year.

That league is also a 12 team PPR with 2 WRs and 2 flex spots that most team use 2 WRs in, so Thielen as a flex last year was a monster for me.

This year though, I think Johnson and Thielen kinda hurt each other's fantasy value.  They're going to be very similar in that they will both run great routes to get open, but likely getting a lot of shorter passes and crossing routes due to Bryce's lack of arm strength.  Only difference is that Thielen will line up in the slot while Johnson lines up outside, but they'll be used similarly besides that.

That combined with us likely trying to run the ball more given that being the strength of most of our OL, I don't really love either in fantasy this year as they'll cannibalize each other's potential on a run first team with a garbage QB.

Brooks on the other hand, if you are in a league with IR spots, could be a GREAT steal as he's likely to keep dropping in drafts as the season gets closer and people realize he really won't be playing for a little bit.

If you have IR spots, especially if you have 2 (which my league does), he's a great draft and stash guy, who also then immediately allows you to pick up a FA.  So if you can get him late in the draft, it's like getting a bonus draft pick as you then get to pick up an extra player to fill the roster spot when you put them in the IR post-draft.

I'd be surprised if I don't end up with him in my league this year because of that

Edited by tukafan21

Good luck on the YouTube channel man. Gave you a like and a subscribe!

It takes time to build it up but just keep cranking out the videos and learn along the way. One day you will see a number of views that will just completely blow your mind. It happens.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Good luck on the YouTube channel man. Gave you a like and a subscribe!

It takes time to build it up but just keep cranking out the videos and learn along the way. One day you will see a number of views that will just completely blow your mind. It happens.

Thank you so much man, the words of encouragement genuinely mean a lot. I’m going into my final year of college and am challenging myself to give YouTube a real shot. Hopefully one day I can figure it out like you said! 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 8/19/2024 at 4:19 PM, shaq said:

That’s a great plan, not only is it a good pick but it’s fun to have a Panthers guy on the fantasy roster. Outside of Diontae and Brooks when he gets back, there’s not really anyone fantasy relevant.

Chuba until brooks comes back is worth a late round flyer