• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday roster moves

CRA

6 hours ago, Basbear said:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/40899672

I didn't think he'd make the team, just the effort he gave, that alone should have keep him around til cut day. You need those guys. Cut some other bum....

I guess my idea was that would get him a shot elsewhere.

Then I realized that we are the bottom of the barrel and to paraphrase some famous lyrics, to the tune of New York New York:

if you can’t make it here you can’t make it anywhere.

Hate it for him I liked his play. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, ECHornet said:

My conclusions on Dillon being waived:

1. Miles Sanders will not be traded early in the season. 

2. Brooks’ recovery is ahead of schedule. 

3. We want to give Dillon a chance to be picked up. 

***Miles Sanders will likely lead our RBs in receptions this year. Wasn’t there a report he was lining up at slot in practice?

Exactly my thoughts. Players in preseason are auditioning for all 32 teams regardless of the uniform they are currently wearing. PR fluff pieces on these guys are helping with that. Dillon being waived just makes me think Sanders won't be moved, despite the Cowboys trade interest rumors (which may have been false). Seems the team is comfortable with the RB room.

**I would like to see a RB like Dillon on the PS though. Boone definitely impressed me and I was intrigued he was taking some returns in practice. Made me think they were giving him a chance at Blackshears spot. 

Edited by CarolinaLivin
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Huddle: “we’ve got the weakest roster in the NFL”

Also Huddle when we cut our 9th string RB: “WTF!!!!”

Id argue it's merely the principle of it.  

Coach:  We can't play the starters! We got to evaluate the bottom of the depth chart. 

Reality:  We see our first TD in what feels like decades by a guy that just wills it to be. 

Reality:  Panthers PR then highlights said player

Coach: Ya gone!  And replaced by another RB

I mean, so we make fun of that and blast that.  Not because of the actual RB himself but big picture....it's just more nonsense by this org overall.  All we can do is talk about what they give us.  That's what they give us. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, ECHornet said:

My conclusions on Dillon being waived:

1. Miles Sanders will not be traded early in the season. 

2. Brooks’ recovery is ahead of schedule. 

3. We want to give Dillon a chance to be picked up. 

***Miles Sanders will likely lead our RBs in receptions this year. Wasn’t there a report he was lining up at slot in practice?

Miles Sanders is literally one of the worst rec RBs in the NFL over the last half decade.  If that's the plan, it totally makes sense it's the plan in Carolina. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Basbear said:

Id normally take your position on this, but 6 years of utter failure has changed me. 

Im honestly in the spot that no matter what the Panthers do, I feel its wrong. Super dangerous. Like my old friend talked about his ex-wife; he said it got to the point in which he "hated the way she held her fork"!!!! LOLS. 

I keep thinking they should have just made evero the HC or gave Bill the keys. Plus hiring fitttererererers right hand man feels wrong as well. Given the massive issues, I have to remind myself this is a mutli-year fix. 

Plus Im not for this soft-ass treatment. I swear not 20 years players...gulp PLAYED and didn't get hurt. Im too old-school for these new methods

Back To The Future Abandon Thread GIF

All the losing years since the last SB run, has made me apathetic to the team. I've gone from watching every game to barely watching any games. Part of me would welcome Tepper moving the team out of the Carolinas at this point. Maybe that way, the NFL would expand again or at least move a team here with a new owner that would hopefully get things right in a few years.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

All the losing years since the last SB run, has made me apathetic to the team. I've gone from watching every game to barely watching any games. Part of me would welcome Tepper moving the team out of the Carolinas at this point. Maybe that way, the NFL would expand again or at least move a team here with a new owner that would hopefully get things right in a few years.

Crap, I have been through that as the fork holder. No way you could win.

Wtf is happening.  Jackson has looked like the best corner on the roster so far in preseason.  Johnson looked light-years better than the guy they've had taking the first half snaps at RB...  Johnson scores a TD even, and then they cut him.  This is just a like a steaming hot poo sandwich to start the week off.

Steve Smith said on a Monday WFNZ radio segment, Dillon Johnson should be moved up the depth chart and a guy you need. Talked him up with a couple more statements, but us huddlers who felt the same are crazy.....