• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday roster moves

CRA

1 minute ago, Xtreme said:

If there a difference between being cut and being waived? Panthers.com said Dillion Johnson was waived. 

Under a certain amount of years in the NFL and you gotta clear waivers before being a free agent.  I think thats the only difference but I'm not an expert on the CBA.

• Pie 2

I'm hoping and thinking these last 4-5 spots everyone is fighting for wont even matter. There has to be another team with a spot starter corner about to get cut we could trade one of our 7ths for or something. And hopefully Brooks stays on pace to come back week 3-4 like they are saying so RB wont matter long as what we have stays healthy the first few weeks.

5 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

If there a difference between being cut and being waived? Panthers.com said Dillion Johnson was waived. 

Under 4 years you're waived, over 4 year vets are released and don't pass through waivers, they are free agents. Both are technically cut

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, the org literally put out a hype piece on Dillion....cut him and replaced him with another nobody.  Neither are making the team.  But if that doesn't send a message that everything is bullpoo I don't know what does. 

We are a clown show.  Not because of any of these moves though.   

Bro this doesn’t matter whatsoever? The team website put out a puff piece in late August on a 6th string RB that got cut, big whoop. It literally means less than zero. 

Edited by UNCrules2187

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Under 4 years you're waived, over 4 year vets are released and don't pass through waivers, they are free agents. Both are technically cut

My stupid self thought being cut meant the team has zero interest in you, being waived meant they want to try and place him on their PS pending if no other team snags him first. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, the org literally put out a hype piece on Dillion....cut him and replaced him with another nobody.  Neither are making the team.  But if that doesn't send a message that everything is bullpoo I don't know what does. 

Did canales tell them to do a hype piece on him? Are they supposed to keep him because they did one? We're they just supposed to sit there and not show an interest in anyone?

Y'all are just making a big deal about everything.

The real clown show is in here with all these hot takes.

• Pie 8

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Look buddy, you should just be happy you’ve got a gosh darn dadgum football team to pull for.  Now you better put on a happy face and enjoy this like a reeeel fan or by golly there’s gonna be some heckin heck to pay.

amidoinitright?

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Under a certain amount of years in the NFL and you gotta clear waivers before being a free agent.  I think thats the only difference but I'm not an expert on the CBA.

I think the term is Vested Veteran, maybe?

25 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Did canales tell them to do a hype piece on him? Are they supposed to keep him because they did one? We're they just supposed to sit there and not show an interest in anyone?

Y'all are just making a big deal about everything.

The real clown show is in here with all these hot takes.

My first hot take is, Panthers PR is the clown show.

Don’t disagree with molehills being made into mountains but it doesn’t bother me much, not as much as the sunshine fluffers. 

Edited by strato

43 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

One they tell you politely in the FO, the other they just wave you away when you try to walk in?  

/sarcasm: for the tools on here that take everything serious.

Edited by Newtcase

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Y'all just seem to find more and more ways to look funny.

We're making cuts...in preseason...cutting guys that weren't going to be making the 53...that shouldn't be making the 53.

"Yep...this is a clown show!"

Canales ties his shoe. "Yep! This is a clown show!"

Morgan eats a sandwich. "Yep! This is a clown show!"

Y'all are just looking to be pissed off. Anything that you hear is going to prompt the same response.

GT7psmEXUAAfb5e.thumb.jpeg.f8aeef673cd29f19f99ed090bd387104.jpeg