• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Projecting the Panthers' Offensive Roster

MHS831

5 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Why on earth would we put Plummer on the practice squad. He is literally one of the worst QBs I have ever seen

Fair to question but don't be surprised if that's the reality. I would literally take anyone that's being cut by another team over him but apparently QB depth is not a priority for this crew

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Fair to question but don't be surprised if that's the reality. I would literally take anyone that's being cut by another team over him but apparently QB depth is not a priority for this crew

I’m not sure what the priority is with this crew. Maybe guards since they paid them so much 

1 hour ago, Camp Fodder said:

Why on earth would we put Plummer on the practice squad. He is literally one of the worst QBs I have ever seen

Luton will be on the practice squad before Plummer. But remember this, any qb you put on the practice squad will get poached as soon as someone needs one. Would you want to put a lot of time in developing a qb for someone else?

If anything they will bring someone like Luton in to backup Andy if something were to happen to Bryce. I forsee 2 scenarios that could play out as a result of how Bryce does this season.

He could continue on his current trajectory where the team will be forced to change course and look for a replacement in the next draft, assuming there is one to be had. Which would add even more uncertainty and more scenarios we will not discuss in this exercise. 

He could play well enough to buy him another season and the Panthers time to improve the competition behind him. Either through free agency or the draft. 

That's my view from the nose bleed section. 

1 hour ago, Camp Fodder said:

Same reason we cut Dillon Johnson today. It's what we do. 

I never said these were good decisions. lol

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Luton will be on the practice squad before Plummer. But remember this, any qb you put on the practice squad will get poached as soon as someone needs one. Would you want to put a lot of time in developing a qb for someone else?

If anything they will bring someone like Luton in to backup Andy if something were to happen to Bryce. I forsee 2 scenarios that could play out as a result of how Bryce does this season.

He could continue on his current trajectory where the team will be forced to change course and look for a replacement in the next draft, assuming there is one to be had. Which would add even more uncertainty and more scenarios we will not discuss in this exercise. 

He could play well enough to buy him another season and the Panthers time to improve the competition behind him. Either through free agency or the draft. 

That's my view from the nose bleed section. 

Luton on IR; I think since it's before cuts he is stuck there unless he is waived/injury settlement.

17 hours ago, t96 said:

Honestly on paper aside from Bryce this just is not a bad offense if healthy. Only glaring weakness outside of QB is TE, although I do really like Sanders -- just not expecting a ton from him as a rookie. It's on Bryce and coaching if we aren't a top 16 offense this year, because the rest of the pieces are good enough to be average or better.

Jurry is still out on Bryce to me, (needs largest ever second year jump) 

TE though I have Tremble as a sleeper, when he's gotten looks he's been good especially in the red zone.

For the record the waiver position holds through week 3 of the season.

The day week four starts that stops. There is a day or a short time to conduct the process and then it is week 4. i guess they have to do MNF and then have that claiming period, then you are on to the next week.

I looked it up last week or the week before.

On 8/20/2024 at 9:07 AM, strato said:

For the record the waiver position holds through week 3 of the season.

The day week four starts that stops. There is a day or a short time to conduct the process and then it is week 4. i guess they have to do MNF and then have that claiming period, then you are on to the next week.

I looked it up last week or the week before.

After that the worst teams get top priority so...we'll probably still be picking near the top. The only thing that might throw that off is we get the Saints and Raiders in the first 3 weeks so we might squeak out a couple wins early before the schedule gets tougher

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

After that the worst teams get top priority so...we'll probably still be picking near the top. The only thing that might throw that off is we get the Saints and Raiders in the first 3 weeks so we might squeak out a couple wins early before the schedule gets tougher

So, I found more which is after the trade deadline vested vets have to pass through waivers.

What I didn’t find is do you lose your position if you claim a player? 

5 minutes ago, strato said:

So, I found more which is after the trade deadline vested vets have to pass through waivers.

What I didn’t find is do you lose your position if you claim a player? 

I think you keep the position based on league standings however it updates weekly. I imagine by week 4 we'll either look better than expected or the writing will be on the wall and waivers will be moot 

On 8/19/2024 at 2:00 PM, t96 said:

Honestly on paper aside from Bryce this just is not a bad offense if healthy. Only glaring weakness outside of QB is TE, although I do really like Sanders -- just not expecting a ton from him as a rookie. It's on Bryce and coaching if we aren't a top 16 offense this year, because the rest of the pieces are good enough to be average or better.

This is also what we said last year. Just take a quick peak around the NFL and see how many teams would you rather take our skill position players over theirs (WR, TE, RB). Just as much as the Panthers have yet to find a QB successor to Cam Newton they've also failed to learn how to build around a young QB because I'd trade with just about every team in the league except for maybe a small few.