• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Projecting the Panthers' Offensive Roster

MHS831

Honestly on paper aside from Bryce this just is not a bad offense if healthy. Only glaring weakness outside of QB is TE, although I do really like Sanders -- just not expecting a ton from him as a rookie. It's on Bryce and coaching if we aren't a top 16 offense this year, because the rest of the pieces are good enough to be average or better.

• Pie 3

@ProcessBlue2You think stashing J. Anderson on the PS is a smart move? Seems like the guy is doing work and solid o-linemen are hard to come by. Could be risky since he could be snatched up at any time if he doesn't get picked up before even making it to the PS. 

9 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

@ProcessBlue2You think stashing J. Anderson on the PS is a smart move? Seems like the guy is doing work and solid o-linemen are hard to come by. Could be risky since he could be snatched up at any time if he doesn't get picked up before even making it to the PS. 

I don't think getting someone of his caliber is going to be very difficult at all. There are ample amounts available currently, just not as cheap as he is.

Everything I've read from the beat writers indicates we're going to keep 4 TEs.

I think Thomas, Tremble, Sanders, & Matthew's are making the roster.

Based on his history, Canales is going to run a lot of 2 TE formations.

Also, I think with the current practice squad elevation rules it will make it a lot easier to keep only 5 WRs and elevate someone if neccesary.

IMO it will be Johnson, Legette, Theilen, Mingo, and TMJ.

I could see them keeping ISM or David Moore as the 6th WR and returner, but I also could see them using that spot with someone like D'Shawn Jamison (29) who is a backup CB to keep more guys at CB.

Great analysis OP. I'm cautiously optimistic this offense is going to surprise some people 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

It won't happen.   I wouldn't be stunned if they extend him again.

I doubt there's an extension.  But I also think he's a lock to make the team.

Canales is probably going to run a lot of 2 TE sets, and although we all know he sucks for the most part as a receiver, he is an above average blocker and I think a lot of people will be surprised by how many reps he gets this year of he's healthy

One caveat to all the roster talk is that with the Panthers having the number 1 priority for waiver claims through Week 4, there probably will be a good amount of churn among the final roster spots even into the season.

I think the roster will be even more fluid than most years especially over the next 6 weeks

Edited by Seltzer
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Seltzer said:

I doubt there's an extension.  But I also think he's a lock to make the team.

Canales is probably going to run a lot of 2 TE sets, and although we all know he sucks for the most part as a receiver, he is an above average blocker and I think a lot of people will be surprised by how many reps he gets this year of he's healthy

It was a joke.  He should have never been extended last time.  Blocking TEs are not that hard to find.

• Beer 2

52 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

One caveat to all the roster talk is that with the Panthers having the number 1 priority for waiver claims through Week 4, there probably will be a good amount of churn among the final roster spots even into the season.

I think the roster will be even more fluid than most years especially over the next 6 weeks

They've been churning after preseason games. I expect that to continue for at least the first week or two of the regular season.

• Beer 1