• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Interest

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

It's a two way street. Your team can get either stronger or weaker every "offseason." Tremendously better for the kids and also the schools but the old coaches hate it because they got to keep the kids in check for decades.

I don't think it's automatically better for the kids. The portal that is. When you can just bounce around getting sold on playing time and being catered to, it's going to stifle some development. You can always take the easy way out versus buckling down and focusing on what you can do to get more opportunities where you currently are. I think about a guy like Danny Green at UNC. A guy like that almost certainly transfers out on this day and age versus being a rotational guy and jack of all trades who went from a top 50 recruit to national champion and a lengthy successful NBA career. I don't know if he develops the all around game transferring to a lesser program to be the go to guy there. The advantage he had is that his role in the NBA was basically exactly what his role was on those top tier UNC teams.

3 hours ago, Otters said:

Didn't they go far enough that they actually met up to fight!

Pretty sure It wasn’t those two It was Colin and somebody else and I think Colin lost but don’t hold me to it.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it's automatically better for the kids. The portal that is. When you can just bounce around getting sold on playing time and being catered to, it's going to stifle some development. You can always take the easy way out versus buckling down and focusing on what you can do to get more opportunities where you currently are. I think about a guy like Danny Green at UNC. A guy like that almost certainly transfers out on this day and age versus being a rotational guy and jack of all trades who went from a top 50 recruit to national champion and a lengthy successful NBA career. I don't know if he develops the all around game transferring to a lesser program to be the go to guy there. The advantage he had is that his role in the NBA was basically exactly what his role was on those top tier UNC teams.

You are literally describing the decades before the portal with the "playing time and being catered to." That is what used to happen for years and then these guys get buried. Try that now and see what happens.

The Danny Green story is an odd one to bring up. I have a much better and much more succinct one. Joe Burrow. Imagine if he just stayed at Ohio St. and ended up buried there for five years. He would probably be doing great at that Honda dealership job now.

On 8/18/2024 at 8:53 PM, jasonluckydog said:

I just completed a 10 man league FF and not 1 person drafted Bryce Young. Very sad. I did get an A+ from Yahoo on my draft. I chose with my last pick Sanders TE Carolina. My main TE was Kelce. 

Mahomes,  CMAC, Higgins,  Bears, Dell, Flowers, Pollard, Hackett, Diggs, Achane,  T Lawrence 

R. White....I destroyed. 

So yes FF will keep my NFL Sundays busy, bad Panthers or not. 

I'm not sure Bryce is getting drafted in a 10 team league if it was a super flex

If every team took 2 QBs and a backup, that would still leave 2 starting QBs not taken, and that's if none of the backups were stash picks like Drake Maye

Honestly, what week 1 QB are you taking Bryce over if you remove all Panthers fandom?

Only possibilities would be whoever ends up as Denver's starter and Daniel Jones, and I'm probably taking whoever is playing in Payton's system over Bryce anyways.

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You are literally describing the decades before the portal with the "playing time and being catered to." That is what used to happen for years and then these guys get buried. Try that now and see what happens.

The Danny Green story is an odd one to bring up. I have a much better and much more succinct one. Joe Burrow. Imagine if he just stayed at Ohio St. and ended up buried there for five years. He would probably be doing great at that Honda dealership job now.

Burrow transferred before the portal existed.

I'm always hyped to watch Panthers games. I don't know what they'll be this season, but it doesn't dictate whether or not I'll watch the games. I will. 

And I've always watched every game on Sundays and Mondays, now Thursdays too. So, my enjoyment of the NFL isn't restricted to the success of Carolina. Just gives me bragging rights. That's all. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I'm not sure Bryce is getting drafted in a 10 team league if it was a super flex

If every team took 2 QBs and a backup, that would still leave 2 starting QBs not taken, and that's if none of the backups were stash picks like Drake Maye

Honestly, what week 1 QB are you taking Bryce over if you remove all Panthers fandom?

Only possibilities would be whoever ends up as Denver's starter and Daniel Jones, and I'm probably taking whoever is playing in Payton's system over Bryce anyways.

I’d take Jones easily due to his running ability 

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

I pray David Tepper is reading this thread. This is what he has done to this franchise. 

It's worse than anger, it's apathy. 

It is something like the stages of grief, we are almost at acceptance. (or many people are, I probably should say instead)

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

On 8/18/2024 at 7:16 PM, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

this is the first preseason in a LONG time were I have not kept up with training camp/preseason. normally, I am hyped for the upcoming season and seeing new rookies, FA pickups, and further development of current players. but we all know, this will the same Tepper shitshow upcoming

Same

I’ve watched no pre season

no camp confidential

barely kept any interest

thanks Tepper

• Pie 1

It’s been 6 years, going on 7, since we’ve been able to brag about anything lol. At this point, I’d just take sweeping one of the nfc south teams. 

I still remember posting after 2015 how we were going to finally be able to claim ourselves as a winning franchise, as our overall record was around 500. After these years, that dream is dead. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2