• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Interest

29 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

People don't wanna hear it, but its much more likely that Thomas Brown would be hailed as a genius if we drafted Stroud lol.  The situation was bad, but QB has the biggest impact on the offense.

I don’t think I want to hear Brown is a genius lol. You are right. He was in my list of people that did not help. But I shouldn’t and really am not making a huge thing of it because he was kind of a victim too. 

• Pie 2

22 hours ago, Castavar said:

If it weren't for fantasy football, I wouldn't even pay attention. Tepper has absolutely killed everything about this team. Those "keep pounding" days are over. If we have another abysmal season, Tepper might as well just move the team somewhere else.

I almost want him to throw another drink in someone’s face.  At least it’d be something interesting.  Maybe we’d make ESPN.  Stephen A might mention us.

Someone talk me off the ledge please.

19 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I almost want him to throw another drink in someone’s face.  At least it’d be something interesting.  Maybe we’d make ESPN.  Stephen A might mention us.

Our best bet might be for him to Dan Snyder his ass right out of the league. Washington had to suffer for a loooooong time though. I just wish they'd moved a little faster so that they would've gotten stuck with Tepper instead of us. Imagine that... going from Dan Snyder to David Tepper. LOL

o_2tNW.gif

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The NFL is at a completely different level compared to college. It's like watching Formula 1 versus your local go kart track.

And in terms of fairness, it's not even a question. There are salary caps and the money hoovered into each elite franchise isn't spent courting players by showering them in money and benefits that smaller teams cannot afford. 

If the NFL worked like college football, we would never get anyone like Cam or Luke. We would also rarely see the playoffs and NEVER see a Super Bowl.

Not to say the NFL is perfect but the entire system isn't set up to be a game of whomever spends the most money has a shot at winning the most and having the best players. 

It's set up so that the best run organizations with great talent and coaching win. 

Bolded number one: Yep most definitely and is why I was so worried about Young translating.

Bolded number two: don’t forget the part time refs' part in all of it. They are the guardrails for the league.

-----

I am pretty sure the league engineered Tepper in. JR was the fall guy.

The stuff I posted with John Lynch saying Navarro contacted him, well he was in SF by ’17 someone pointed out. 

But Navarro obviously knew the team was for sale ahead of that if he was contacting Lynch, so what does that timeline look like? 

They want him (Tepper), so he’d have to really stop playing ball. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

Tep couldn’t wait to put down turf to start cashing in on his new toy. He doesn’t give a flip about the players and they know it. He is achieving exactly what I knew he wanted. Drive fan support in to the toilet, keep the team long enough that taxpayers cover the cost of stadium renovations and then sell. He will then own a freshly renovated stadium and sell the team that people forgot even existed. 

Say what you will about Jerry, but he played the game, and the players respected that. Jerry never put turf down. Jerry never put grass down for a soccer match only to then take up said grass so the football players, for whom the stadium was actually built, could then return to playing on turf again. How well received do y’all think that was among players and coaches.  Screw you spartanburg. Screw you rock hill. Screw you, fans. He really threw a drink on all of us. 

Anything that looks like it’ll help us win he seems allergic to. Mccaffery. DJ. Not taking the picks for Burns. Wilks. 

Just as I hold to my gut belief that he completely played Frank by telling him that he would let him pick his QB (Frank got the last laugh, ultimately)… this has to be subterfuge. You’ve got the #1 pick. There’s 3 physical studs with football cannon arms. One of which went in to Athens in the playoffs and BBQ’ed a historical UGA defense. and you pick Bryce??

I need Ked Woodley to rap about this. 

• Pie 6

Im at a all-time low as well. Honestly not cause of the poor play/management, just sports in general. Panthers are the only "sport" I follow now. I use to be a NFL super fan and was a 93% yahoo fantasy footballer with upwards of 10 teams some years. Quit that as well. 

If I hadn't followed this team since the start, it would be easy to walk away. Just too much invested. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

8 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I lurked back then on the Charlotte dot com site, seldomly posted.  I can't remember my handle either, but it wasn't the same as I have now.  There were two dudes always going at it though--Magnus and Colin. Pages of posts because neither would back down from a point being made.

I posted a little more on the Official site, but again, with a different handle and I can't remember which one I used.  It's been over 25 years, lol! 😀

Didn't they go far enough that they actually met up to fight!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Bro, I want him to please, like I mean, PLEASE come to Atlanta and try that. He would need to take a helicopter to leave with his life intact. They do episodes of the first 48 here. 

• Flames 2

32 minutes ago, Otters said:

Didn't they go far enough that they actually met up to fight!

I don't know, but the exchanges were often super heated, so it wouldn't surprise me.  I found it entertaining in a Jersey Shore/Dr. Phil kind of way.  Plus there was Panthers football too, lol! 😆

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

College has always had tremendous turnover with early draft entities and only four years of eligibility anyway. But chewing nails wondering if your favorite players are going to end up playing for a rival next year is going to get old fast.

It's a two way street. Your team can get either stronger or weaker every "offseason." Tremendously better for the kids and also the schools but the old coaches hate it because they got to keep the kids in check for decades.

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Im at a all-time low as well. Honestly not cause of the poor play/management, just sports in general. Panthers are the only "sport" I follow now. I use to be a NFL super fan and was a 93% yahoo fantasy footballer with upwards of 10 teams some years. Quit that as well. 

If I hadn't followed this team since the start, it would be easy to walk away. Just too much invested. 

I am lucky enough(I guess) to be a general NFL fan too. The Panthers aren't going to bum me out enough to stop paying attention to the NFL.

• Beer 2

I joined this board (pre crash in the late 2000s/early 2010s, whenever that happened) back when I was in high school, now I am getting married. I honestly don't care anymore. Panthers used to be a big part of my life but they are so minor now. Used to have panthers tshirts, hoodies etc. Now I don't even think I have anything Panthers related. Haven't paid attention to preseason or TC for the first time ever. I am fully expecting them to come out and look like poo against the saints. I am giving them one quarter before I do something else.

Tepper literally came in and sucked the soul out of this team. Fitting for a hedge fund manager.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 2