• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Interest

6 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Yes, Young and Dalton are your QBs and bring in fuggin Plummer? What the absolute fug? Morgan already GMing like he wants to spend more time with family.

Meanwhile Garner Minshew had won the starting job for the Raiders.  'So what?' you may say.  I've been wanting him as a backup/bridge QB for a few years now.  He could have been signed by us on several occasions, but we kept passing.  Dude isn't a franchise QB, but he's at least what we thought we'd be getting with Darnold and Mayfield.  I'm still not sure Young is the answer and Dalton is completely fine cashing paychecks form the sideline.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, countryboi said:

20 days from now you won’t even remember that the starters didn’t play in some random ass preseason game.

lets be real everyone is in wait and see mode and you just complaining to complain. 

It will more than likely be brought up if they come out against the saints flat, which we all know is likely the outcome. 

• Pie 4

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Tepper would make us a winner there almost immediately. College football is one place where if you just throw enough money at it, you will win and probably big.

It's always been the worst(and most unequal) sport in college but it's a new heights with all the insane corporate level greed from TV contracts.

That's one sport I am retiring from. It has ruined all college athletics. fug college football.

Preach. 

The days of my gamecocks putting together an awe inspiring 6 win season has come and gone  

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, strato said:

I was on it. Some people here I recognize from there. Mr Scot I am pretty sure for one,.

I lurked back then on the Charlotte dot com site, seldomly posted.  I can't remember my handle either, but it wasn't the same as I have now.  There were two dudes always going at it though--Magnus and Colin. Pages of posts because neither would back down from a point being made.

I posted a little more on the Official site, but again, with a different handle and I can't remember which one I used.  It's been over 25 years, lol! 😀

• Pie 1

I am fully aware that I am going to get annihilated for this comment. Hindsight is 20/20, etc. 

Buuuuuuut... we would not be in this position, and the fandom would not be in the cellar if... 

we drafted CJ Stroud. 

I hope I am wrong, I like Bryce as a person, but if he cannot lead the team this year to wins and show major improvements, it is time to reset that position again. This league is built around the QB, hard stop. If we do not have a top 5 QB, or someone with intangibles that separate him from the rest of the middle to cellar dwellers, nothing is going to improve. 

Bryce is like what would happen if Cam accidentally stepped in the path of the "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" ray gun. Going from Cam to Bryce, no wonder people are starting to check out. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I'll still watch college games since I feel the NFL is worse, not by much, but worse.

The NFL is at a completely different level compared to college. It's like watching Formula 1 versus your local go kart track.

And in terms of fairness, it's not even a question. There are salary caps and the money hoovered into each elite franchise isn't spent courting players by showering them in money and benefits that smaller teams cannot afford. 

If the NFL worked like college football, we would never get anyone like Cam or Luke. We would also rarely see the playoffs and NEVER see a Super Bowl.

Not to say the NFL is perfect but the entire system isn't set up to be a game of whomever spends the most money has a shot at winning the most and having the best players. 

It's set up so that the best run organizations with great talent and coaching win. 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

I am fully aware that I am going to get annihilated for this comment. Hindsight is 20/20, etc. 

Buuuuuuut... we would not be in this position, and the fandom would not be in the cellar if... 

we drafted CJ Stroud. 

I hope I am wrong, I like Bryce as a person, but if he cannot lead the team this year to wins and show major improvements, it is time to reset that position again. This league is built around the QB, hard stop. If we do not have a top 5 QB, or someone with intangibles that separate him from the rest of the middle to cellar dwellers, nothing is going to improve. 

Bryce is like what would happen if Cam accidentally stepped in the path of the "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" ray gun. Going from Cam to Bryce, no wonder people are starting to check out. 

There are a lot of variables. I genuinely think that the level of dysfunction last season would have claimed Stroud too. Not to say that he wouldn't have shown flashes but he would also have had to deal with a bad offense and bad offensive personnel. I highly doubt he would be the hot prospect he is now.

But, if we had scratched our way to 7-8 wins, would that be better in the long run? Would our FO be unchanged and therefore doom our future for longer? Would our dysfunctional staff get extra time to flounder?

I just don't know that I buy drafting Stroud as a silver bullet because we aren't a one problem team/franchise. The issues are numerous.

• Beer 1

I don't blame anyone one iota for being apathetic or detached.

For myself I generally never watch any of the NFL outside Panthers games and maybe vague interest in the playoffs and Super Bowl depending on who is playing.

Right now I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised in week 1.  In the back of my mind there's a feeling of deja vu though. So much of this seems all too familiar. Long time fans know what I mean. But I'm giving Dave Canales the benefit of the doubt for the time being. But if we get our asses kicked in New Orleans you already know what time it is boys.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean... you're not wrong. Gotta be honest. You ain't wrong.

It's not a coincidence that all of a sudden Texas became super relevant again after years of floundering around.

Have you seen those new SEC commercials? Not even the type where it promotes education, all sports, great experiences, etc. No, the one that is promoting their football as the end all be all place for football. The SEC is trying to compete with the NFL!!!!

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

Preach. 

The days of my gamecocks putting together an awe inspiring 6 win season has come and gone  

Dabo tried to tell ya'll. 

Dabo was right about college football...and the big machine sent folks to attack him.  I mean, you can dislike Dabo, but he generally has had solid takes on how they are ruining college football. And are looking to continue to do.   And like Dabo always said, there is a way to put money in the pockets of these kids (which he had no issue with) without ruining the game (which he was against). 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The NFL is at a completely different level compared to college. It's like watching Formula 1 versus your local go kart track.

And in terms of fairness, it's not even a question. There are salary caps and the money hoovered into each elite franchise isn't spent courting players by showering them in money and benefits that smaller teams cannot afford. 

This was the NFL before the salary cap. If college football survives the next few years, they'll adjust as well. In the meantime, I can watch college games and just enjoy football with zero loyalties or money put into it other than my satellite bill.

49 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If the NFL worked like college football, we would never get anyone like Cam or Luke.

Those type dudes are rare and no team sees them more than once a decade or so.

50 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We would also rarely see the playoffs and NEVER see a Super Bowl.

Uh... recent history proves the Panthers are already there. I get what you're saying, but the Panthers haven't sniffed the playoffs, much less a winning season, in almost a decade.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Dabo tried to tell ya'll. 

Dabo was right about college football...and the big machine sent folks to attack him.  I mean, you can dislike Dabo, but he generally has had solid takes on how they are ruining college football. And are looking to continue to do.   And like Dabo always said, there is a way to put money in the pockets of these kids (which he had no issue with) without ruining the game (which he was against). 

They should have killed the portal once NIL became a thing. That would have let the kids get paid while keeping the schools competing for HS kids just like they always have, except it would have been a little more above board.