• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Interest

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They're just desperately trying to tap into college fanbases to rekindle their own because they realize they've done nothing but drive away the classic Panthers fans. It's why they have an App State all-time great pound the drum. It's why they have Fan Fest at Clemson.

Taking camp out of Spartanburg was another stroke of genius by Dipper.  I live a few miles away from Clemson and I had zero interest in going.  One of my employees went and looking at his pictures the next day, it was an utter failure. I know Death Valley is a big stadium, but it looked nearly empty. 

So almost 30 years of camps in SC is supposed to be made up by holding one practice here per camp going forward?  I guess as long as you know how to manage hedge funds, your every day sense can be severely lacking.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, WelshPanther said:

Same for me. I’m an interested bystander at this point. Both Panthers and NFL.

I am comfortable just watching the games with no stress and as a casual observer. Apathetic about us.

I will likely spend more time this season watching general NFL games than us.

• Pie 3

59 minutes ago, strato said:

Well, I am not saying it was good. I remember the 2001 season too. You can call it recency bias, whatever, I am far more dissatisfied now than I was then. 

Which probably has to do with the: there was hope given immediately. We went 7-9 with Rodney Peete in 2002. 

Have we even sniffed 7-9 with Tepper? Yeah, the first year that he stayed totally out of the football side, 7-9. Once once with Wilks, 7-10, who was shown the door lol. You know the win totals from the other Tepper years, I know, but here they are: 

2019, 2020, 2021,  5 each season. 

2 last year. 

It has been horrible and last year was the lowest. Tepper’s 2001. You think we are going 7-9 type level this year? Maybe we could. But there is a tiny percentage of people who would believe it. 

It’s is pretty sad when we are down to arguing what was worse.

This is definitely worse because there is really no hope of turning it around. We all know it's the owner that is responsible for our failures. We all saw Dan Snyder flounder and fug up the Redskins for YEARS. Well....that's us now.

In 2001 everything was still fresh and new. We were still riding high on that "new franchise" smell with a historic run in the rear view. It sucked a lot but it wasn't years and years of sucking like we are in at the moment. That's really what sucks the life out of a fanbase. It's not one horrific season, it's bad season after bad season. That is what drives fans away and makes the hardcore fans completely apathetic.

• Pie 4

54 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The Panthers used to have an official forum back in the day.

An offshoot site of the Charlotte Observer called 'Charlotte (dot com)' had a Panthers message board too.  It wasn't as heavily moderated as the Official Panthers message board. Hard to believe for some of the younger folks here, but the Huddle was not the first Panthers message board. 

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I'm pretty sure Morgan is not the right GM already and wasn't big on his hire to start with. He was part of the previous regime and should have been shown the door, not promoted. DC is a wait and see thing, but his start isn't promising.

Yes, Young and Dalton are your QBs and bring in fuggin Plummer? What the absolute fug? Morgan already GMing like he wants to spend more time with family.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

This team should be relegated to NCAA play

Tepper would make us a winner there almost immediately. College football is one place where if you just throw enough money at it, you will win and probably big.

It's always been the worst(and most unequal) sport in college but it's a new heights with all the insane corporate level greed from TV contracts.

That's one sport I am retiring from. It has ruined all college athletics. fug college football.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Tepper would make us a winner there almost immediately. College football is one place where if you just throw enough money at it, you will win and probably big.

It's always been the worst(and most unequal) sport in college but it's a new heights with all the insane corporate level greed from TV contracts.

That's one sport I am retiring from. It has ruined all college athletics. fug college football.

I mean... you're not wrong. Gotta be honest. You ain't wrong.

It's not a coincidence that all of a sudden Texas became super relevant again after years of floundering around.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Yes, Young and Dalton are your QBs and bring in fuggin Plummer? What the absolute fug? Morgan already GMing like he wants to spend more time with family.

It's not just the QBs, it's not playing the starters in the preseason games(I highly doubt they play in the final game), it's the running sprints as punishment like he's Rhule, and the constant upbeat praise. It's football, not church, or counseling. Show some fire and passion when something goes wrong and when it goes right.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'll still watch college games since I feel the NFL is worse, not by much, but worse.

16 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

An offshoot site of the Charlotte Observer called 'Charlotte (dot com)' had a Panthers message board too.  It wasn't as heavily moderated as the Official Panthers message board. Hard to believe for some of the younger folks here, but the Huddle was not the first Panthers message board. 

I was on it. Some people here I recognize from there. Mr Scot I am pretty sure for one,.