• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Interest

It really all points to Tepper.  Not just because of the poor product his team puts on the field, but the Rock Hill fiasco, moving away from grass fields, how he pursued Deshaun Watson, and how he clearly meddles in football decisions.  Each year his team gets worse.....it starts at the top.  

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

I went from being significantly invested for decades, to becoming a casual who hopes for a win or two every year. If not, well, whatever. I tuned in to the first half this past week with my dad, my wife and kid, but I don't foresee watching a ton of regular season play. More important stuff to do.

2 hours ago, Icege said:

I'll agree to disagree on that one.

When JR gutted the roster, there was damn near nothing there. The team hadn't had a first rounder in two seasons. They had traded up in 2008 for Jeff Otah after selecting JStew in the 1st round, and in 2009 traded away another future first to move up for Everette Brown. The best pick from 2009 was 7th rounder Captain Munnerlyn. Then in 2010, the Panthers use their first pick (a second rounder) to select Clausen who at no point in time ever looked like he belonged in the league once he got there.

The team went from 12-4 to 8-8 to 2-14 with a completely gutted roster. David Gettis was giving people hope while others were arguing over whether or not Armanti Edwards should have been traded up for. Delhomme had been released, Hoover had retired, Moose had retired, Peppers had gone to the Bears... and Fox was on his lame duck year. That season sucked so much and we knew it was going to be bad going in.

This team? We've got an ascending HC as the DC who's side of the ball is looking prepared up and down the roster. The HC is an apparent QB Whisperer and has "his guys" on the offensive staff (meaning no multiple offensive changes in the offseason). There's a new decision maker at GM. To me, there's so much more to look forward to than what we had to deal with leading into that season.

I'm sure for others that the sting of this season is a little extra for whatever reason(s) is/are important to them, but that 2010 - 2011 season was a special kind of terrible. 2001 - 2002's season where the team 1-15 season was a special kind of awful because the team didn't get the #1 overall pick for being so bad... that went to the Houston Texans who were debuting as an expansion.

Those seasons sucked so, so much. I'd put last season up there in the top (bottom?) 5, but definitely not the worst.

Well, I am not saying it was good. I remember the 2001 season too. You can call it recency bias, whatever, I am far more dissatisfied now than I was then. 

Which probably has to do with the: there was hope given immediately. We went 7-9 with Rodney Peete in 2002. 

Have we even sniffed 7-9 with Tepper? Yeah, the first year that he stayed totally out of the football side, 7-9. Once once with Wilks, 7-10, who was shown the door lol. You know the win totals from the other Tepper years, I know, but here they are: 

2019, 2020, 2021,  5 each season. 

2 last year. 

It has been horrible and last year was the lowest. Tepper’s 2001. You think we are going 7-9 type level this year? Maybe we could. But there is a tiny percentage of people who would believe it. 

It’s is pretty sad when we are down to arguing what was worse.

20 days from now you won’t even remember that the starters didn’t play in some random ass preseason game.

lets be real everyone is in wait and see mode and you just complaining to complain. 

Edited by countryboi
  • Beer 2

16 hours ago, Castavar said:

If it weren't for fantasy football, I wouldn't even pay attention. Tepper has absolutely killed everything about this team. Those "keep pounding" days are over. If we have another abysmal season, Tepper might as well just move the team somewhere else.

One has to question if that is the goal? Run the team into the ground for a few years, claim dwindling fan interest, move team. 

13 minutes ago, countryboi said:

20 days from now you won’t even remember that the starters didn’t play in some random ass preseason game.

lets be real everyone is in wait and see mode and you just complaining to complain. 

You haven’t been around here for very long if that is your take. 

My interest is absolutely at an all-time low. I watched most of our first preseason game and didn't even realize when our second one was on because I flat out didn't care. I paid minimal attention to camp rumblings for the same reason. We'll see what it looks like week one but of we look like microwaved dog poo again I won't wait until midway through the season to tune out this year. I'm not subjecting myself to watching bad football again. I'll watch other games.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Anyone associated with the organization giving a sh!t about the fan experience is lying to you.

Armanti Edwards pounded the drum Saturday night?

'Nuff said.

They're just desperately trying to tap into college fanbases to rekindle their own because they realize they've done nothing but drive away the classic Panthers fans. It's why they have an App State all-time great pound the drum. It's why they have Fan Fest at Clemson.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They're just desperately trying to tap into college fanbases to rekindle their own because they realize they've done nothing but drive away the classic Panthers fans. It's why they have an App State all-time great pound the drum. It's why they have Fan Fest at Clemson.

This team should be relegated to NCAA play

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, thennek said:

It really all points to Tepper.  Not just because of the poor product his team puts on the field, but the Rock Hill fiasco, moving away from grass fields, how he pursued Deshaun Watson, and how he clearly meddles in football decisions.  Each year his team gets worse.....it starts at the top.  

Imagine if JR wasn't *forced* to sell and he went after Watson.  Could you imagine the outrage????  Funny how the 'me too' and 'believe all women' narrative got turned on it's head.  The owner?  It's deplorable!!!  New owner trying to employee a serial womanizer?  It's all good...dude's a decent QB!!!!

• Flames 1