• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Interest

Fans will get more interested with wins.

If not wins, then highlight plays.  We've hit a BIG reset for better or worse the past couple of years.  We'll just have to play the wait and see if it's right or wrong.

I love my Panthers.  That will never change.  I have too many good memories tied into the games.

My 12 year old - doesn't really care for sports.  Meh!  So we bond over other things.

Now if the Panthers can get things fixed in the next couple of seasons (man, there isn't enough font emphasis for that IF), then they can rebuild the community around Panthers football.

I don't think there's some big conspiracy to suck.  I just find that hard to believe.  Instead, I think that Tepper and Co made a LOT of bad choices.  You either learn, or you become irrelevant in the NFL.  I think he hired the right coach.  We just need to give him some time to learn on the job and build the team the way he wants.  It's not going to happen over night.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

13 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

In my opinion, JR using money as an excuse to keep a cheap product on the field is worse than really any of Teppers  blunders.

Imagine if the stars were not aligned and Cam wasn’t in the 2011 class.

JR produced a winning product every other season, or at least a better record than the prior year. if we had a bad season, you knew it was going to be better the next.  This crap under Tepper is horrible.  No winning seasons and a high water mark of seven wins in Rivera's last year(2018)--who wasn't his hire and he fired.  Wilks too got to 7 too, but he got canned as well.

Edited by 45catfan

1 minute ago, d-dave said:

We've hit a BIG reset for better or worse the past couple of years.  We'll just have to play the wait and see if it's right or wrong.

They've been saying that since Rhule was hired. They just chose to do it the Michael Jordan half-assed way because they wanted to compete instead of bottoming out. Well, the team is at the bottom now, so hopefully things go right.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I had tried to find a gif of the hogettes since that would have been much more accurate for NC, but failed.

Not all my gifs represent the team. It's to represent adversity and struggles in this instance. Bring it on.

Just now, jayboogieman said:

They've been saying that since Rhule was hired. They just chose to do it the Michael Jordan half-assed way because they wanted to compete instead of bottoming out. Well, the team is at the bottom now, so hopefully things go right.

The first two years under Tepper were Richardson‘s people in charge of football and things went downhill. The biggest issue was hiring Rhule and that will always be the catalyst of why things are the way they are but to not have any hope about Dave Canales, which seems to be a very prevalent sentiment across this fanbase is just weird to me.

it took Richardson a few years in the 90s to get things right to find some stability.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

In my opinion, JR using money as an excuse to keep a cheap product on the field is worse than really any of Teppers  blunders.

Imagine if the stars were not aligned and Cam wasn’t in the 2011 class.

There was a lot going on in 2010. Yeah it wasn’t good. Fox being lame duck and trying to spite JR by forcing Clausen into the starting roil, and I was as mad at him as I was at JR. I went through iot too just like y’all did. 

Stars were aligned for Stroud, you could say too. They made the right choice in 2011, and so far, as we stand today, it looks like the new people made the wrong choice in 2023.

And didn’t just make wrong choices for a season or two they have been making wrong choices since they came. We have endured a steady decline, lasting years.

I am hoping we have bottomed out but unless the quarterback proves not to be a mistake, we have not.

Value that according to your standards, it is part of our freedoms. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

it took Richardson a few years in the 90s to get things right to find some stability.

I would argue the team has never had stability given its win/loss record and lack of success overall, but under Richardson, they were in the NFC title game in their second season after a debut season of 7-9. Tepper and Co had an overpriced vet team that could at least compete and let it go. As under Richardson, Tepper's Panthers have made poor draft choices and poor free agent signings. So, as the old saying goes, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

24 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'll agree to disagree on that one.

When JR gutted the roster, there was damn near nothing there. The team hadn't had a first rounder in two seasons. They had traded up in 2008 for Jeff Otah after selecting JStew in the 1st round, and in 2009 traded away another future first to move up for Everette Brown. The best pick from 2009 was 7th rounder Captain Munnerlyn. Then in 2010, the Panthers use their first pick (a second rounder) to select Clausen who at no point in time ever looked like he belonged in the league once he got there.

The team went from 12-4 to 8-8 to 2-14 with a completely gutted roster. David Gettis was giving people hope while others were arguing over whether or not Armanti Edwards should have been traded up for. Delhomme had been released, Hoover had retired, Moose had retired, Peppers had gone to the Bears... and Fox was on his lame duck year. That season sucked so much and we knew it was going to be bad going in.

This team? We've got an ascending HC as the DC who's side of the ball is looking prepared up and down the roster. The HC is an apparent QB Whisperer and has "his guys" on the offensive staff (meaning no multiple offensive changes in the offseason). There's a new decision maker at GM. To me, there's so much more to look forward to than what we had to deal with leading into that season.

I'm sure for others that the sting of this season is a little extra for whatever reason(s) is/are important to them, but that 2010 - 2011 season was a special kind of terrible. 2001 - 2002's season where the team 1-15 season was a special kind of awful because the team didn't get the #1 overall pick for being so bad... that went to the Houston Texans who were debuting as an expansion.

Those seasons sucked so, so much. I'd put last season up there in the top (bottom?) 5, but definitely not the worst.

I respect you man, you make many contributions here.

I was also witness to everything you document here, from your perspective. And disagree. But it is a fruitless argument to even have, which turd stinks worse. 

I picked mine, you picked yours. I don’t really want to argue about it any more.

• Beer 1

I've reached Hornets-level interest with the Panthers. I want them to do well, but have zero expectations. And the older I get, the less I care.

Thank God for fantasy football and the Red Zone channel.

Edited by djp14
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

went to games at Clemson and was there for Sam Mills pick six

Family name on the statues outside the stadium 

Missed my first game patriots at panthers week 18 2001 because of minor surgery

never missed a home playoff game 

went to every game in 2010  went to almost every game of the cam era and this was when I was living in Atlanta.

i could not fuging care less about this team. And it’s always amusing to me people on here who accuse me of not being a “real fan” or whatever. I’ve forgotten more about this team than most people will ever know. and I’ve spent god knows how much money to see them in person. 

I was always going to buy the PSLs from my dad but at this point I don’t want them and he doesn’t want to sell them to me. They’re worthless. We just sell game tickets to the girl that does my moms nails. 

fug tepper. 

Same here - my dad just straight up gave them up this past year.  We’re on the north Panther.

They only made it to a few games anyways the past few years because they peaced out of Charlotte. But we were there every game from Clemson until around my college years 06-10ish. I slowly faded out as I moved for jobs, but came back for a ton of games during Cam/Luke years. Think my last Panthers game was Thanksgiving 2018.

I was looking at the Bears schedule and my pops was like “how about I fly in for the Panthers game” and I was like, nah, let’s do the Rams at Soldier Field haha.

12 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I do appreciate that.  As fans, we are frustrated.  Why pay for this kind of poo product?  Hopefully they got the right coach and GM, and we see some fruit from the FA and draft picks.  We'll see.

• Beer 1