• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers changed the offense 3 times last season

On 8/18/2024 at 1:22 PM, Tbe said:

Im sure a terrible O line and slow WRs had nothing to do with it.

I still hold to the theory that their QB tunnel vision during the off season resulted in them not grasping how dire the OL, WR, TE situation was.

There's probably a lot of truth to this.

• Pie 1

On 8/18/2024 at 1:08 PM, CRA said:

3 changes in the offseason + at least 3 in the regular season = 6 changes trying to get Bryce to be able to play.  That’s all you need to know. 

all star staff bent over backwards and couldn’t even get in the realm of average/threatening despite the kitchen sink attempt 

Lmao.

What about the fact that NONE of the coaches on offense had any connection between them when they were hired? Despite being an all star staff none of them ever really coached with one another and they all came from different football backgrounds. Could it be they just couldn't all get on the same page as to how to develop a rookie QB? Or what type of offensive philosophy/plays to run? Let's not continue to act like Bryce was in a good situation last year and he let the team down. The only way we were going to be successful on offense last season was if Bryce came in and played like a one man wrecking crew and that was not the type of player he was touted to be coming out of college. Those that think Stroud would have come onto this team with the lack of weapons and a depleted struggling oline with too many "cooks" in the kitchen and had the year he had last year with the Texans are kidding yourselves.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

25 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Lmao.

What about the fact that NONE of the coaches on offense had any connection between them when they were hired? Despite being an all star staff none of them ever really coached with one another and they all came from different football backgrounds. Could it be they just couldn't all get on the same page as to how to develop a rookie QB? Or what type of offensive philosophy/plays to run? Let's not continue to act like Bryce was in a good situation last year and he let the team down. The only way we were going to be successful on offense last season was if Bryce came in and played like a one man wrecking crew and that was not the type of player he was touted to be coming out of college. Those that think Stroud would have come onto this team with the lack of weapons and a depleted struggling oline with too many "cooks" in the kitchen and had the year he had last year with the Texans are kidding yourselves.

I mean, I just think there are Bryce and Stroud differences. 

I think Stroud can be inserted into offenses in a manner you can't do with Bryce.  I think even last year, Stroud fits into Frank's O better.  I think Stroud fits into what Canales has been around better. 

I think Bryce is a unicorn.  We opted to draft a unicorn and not treat him as such.  And nothing really matters if you don't treat him as such. 

Why are yall making this a Bryce thing like we didn’t assemble an offensive staff with different visions/philosophies. 

Everything isn’t a Bryce/CJ thing. Your team drafted a QB and put him a bad situation. It’s that simple. 

• Pie 2

Just now, AceBoogie said:

Why are yall making this a Bryce thing like we didn’t assemble an offensive staff with different visions/philosophies. 

Everything isn’t a Bryce/CJ thing. Your team drafted a QB and put him a bad situation. It’s that simple. 

Changing your offense 3x in preseason is 1000% a Bryce thing.  How the fug could it not be?   

• Flames 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Changing your offense 3x in preseason is 1000% a Bryce thing.  How the fug could it not be?   

Nah it’s an ego thing, a bunch of men who have their thoughts on how an offense should be ran. Hence the “who calls plays” debacle.  You don’t know much about how football works do you? 

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

Nah it’s an ego thing, a bunch of men who have their thoughts on how an offense should be ran. Hence the “who calls plays” debacle.  You don’t know much about how football works do you? 

Sure.  It's me that doesn't understand.   You got me.   Now go start another thread about how Bryce is a bust like you did before

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Those that think Stroud would have come onto this team with the lack of weapons and a depleted struggling oline with too many "cooks" in the kitchen and had the year he had last year with the Texans are kidding yourselves.

Sorry but I gotta raise a twisted narrative alert. 

I am not claiming that, never have. I am sure someone thinks what you are claiming but that person is an outlier. A small portion. My belief is that most people, by far, would not and did not make the claim you allege. They might agree with the below though.

I am claiming he would have done better than Bryce did. Can’t prove it, but believe it. It is a simple and plain statement.

Ooh, I should have said, I am not even about making that a thing right now because for one thing I think most people feel like it is a given.

The other thing is we are about 2024. I should have just not said anything - but were I to need to make a claim, that would be it.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I'm fairly confident that if the reason for the changes were 1000% Bryce's fault that there'd have already been something leaked to the press about it like the "Hunger Games" atmosphere amongst the coaches.

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'm fairly confident that if the reason for the changes were 1000% Bryce's fault that there'd have already been something leaked to the press about it like the "Hunger Games" atmosphere amongst the coaches.

So what was it about do you think? If you have said so just point me there I must have missed it.

edit: something did occur to me while digesting this thought and I just happened to have a  brand new roll of tin foil. 

If someone were to leak this about Bryce (if it were true), they would never get access to anything and Tepper would buy their house and tear it down and build a Bryce statue on it. 

Edited by strato

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

I think the hunger games mentality absolutely stemmed from Bryce