• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers changed the offense 3 times last season

26 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Y'all are just a funny group of people.

Bro… it’s been 7 years of nightmares and embarrassment.  No end in sight.  Dark humor and sour demeanor is the expected countenance of the current fan.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Yall are so goofy sometimes with your tin hat theories, stemming from a wholehearted disdain for the current QB1.

So they changed the offense 3 times before they saw Bryce play in it, because Bryce couldn't play in it? Let that sink in for a sec. Just relax and give the guy a chance. A real chance. Not last season's chance. That was crap from the beginning. Well, appears to have been crap since before the beginning. 

Reality is probably closer to disagreements in scheme and play design. Also, there may have been an idea of whether or not they were designing an offense for a rookie vs a 13 year vet. There is a difference, as alluded to in the article. Perhaps they were creating an offense for Dalton, but Tepper forced them to play Bryce even though he wasn't ready for that playbook. I can see that. 

But I'll say this. Yall are consistent. I always know what to expect. Bryce can't throw downfield, deep outs, over the middle, and he's too slow and easy to tackle. How in the heck did this guy win a Heisman as an underclassman, or become the top QB recruit in his class, and the #1 pick in the draft? He's been scheming the system since middle school. Had them all fooled except you. Gotcha.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Also, there may have been an idea of whether or not they were designing an offense for a rookie vs a 13 year vet. There is a difference, as alluded to in the article. Perhaps they were creating an offense for Dalton, but Tepper forced them to play Bryce even though he wasn't ready for that playbook. I can see that. 

This part, yeah. Probably close to the truth but to understand the hostility, those team officials clearly claimed what they claimed. I won’t cite it incorrectly going off my memory but everyone should remember the stuff Reich, Fitterer, Tepper, and others were talking. He was oversold, and that doesn’t breed trust.

Being lied to breeds resentment. Plain and simple. People are giving him a chance this year even if they lack faith because they pretty much have to.