• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers changed the offense 3 times last season

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It's almost like there wasn't complete conviction for him.  Like everyone in the building wasn't completely on board with young.  Surely they wouldn't lie to us

It bothered me to see Frank who professed a strong faith, lying. At least I believe(d) he was lying. 

It could have been (part of) the reason for his mournful looking countenance. Knowing how many people he was lying to.

Edited by strato

21 minutes ago, strato said:

Canales had a year of Young on film and Morgan on the on the inside. He knows what he is walking into, Frank had no idea. It has always felt to me like Frank couldn’t see how it could work.

Still just feels like we are repeating last year

-same bad owner

-largely the same bad front O

- same O advisor 

- we just switched Os and playcallers. But instead of experience we went with inexperience.  End of the day, Bryce still doesn’t fit what Canales does.  Didn’t fit Frank. And Canales has even conceded he isn’t some innovative guy.   And what we get is a repeat of last offseason only Canales can’t even remotely fake it like Frank did and get it him out for a few for PR.    And that’s why from the jump Canales has been 1 of 11, we got to run, and from the jump planting the seed Bryce wouldn’t play in preseason.  Hard to play him when your O lives off the aggressive downfield shots and you are forced into Young 

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, strato said:

It bothered me to see Frank who professed a strong faith, lying. At least I believe(d) he was lying. 

It could have been (part of) the reason for his mournful looking countenance. Knowing how many people he was lying to.

It’s what it’s all such BS talk.  Canales is doing it too.  They try to gymnastics there way to some partial truth and pretending that’s all it is.  

and I give them all a pass there to an extent at the podium.  It’s PR for a football team.  It’s how you look out for your players or teammates.  I just hate when folks argue but X said Y so that has to be true and if you disagree you are wrong.  Football teams are BS machines.  Especially when it comes to dealing with the media 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s what it’s all such BS talk.  Canales is doing it too.  They try to gymnastics there way to some partial truth and pretending that’s all it is.  

andI give them all a pass there to an extent st the podium.  It’s PR for a football team.  I just hate when folks argue but X said Y so that has to be true and if you disagree you are wrong.  Football teams are BS machines.  Especially when it comes to dealing with the media 

I am baffled when people watch a player playing like poo, hear the coach praise or defend the player, and get mad at the coach. I mean, they know the players are listening and are building them up... it is one of the most coach speak things there is. It is his job to make that player better and he is working on his mindset.

2 hours ago, strato said:

I think they should have  tried a 4th time.

Nah we were clicking on all cylinders by the end of the season. I believe we almost got into field goal position that one time. 

Guessing

1. Original offense to start the season.

2. Changed when Brown took over playcalling. 

3. Changed again when Reich was outed and Tabor took over. 

I don't know. Say what y'all want but I don't think the offense changes this year. I think it's gonna be "here is 10 games, show me something or Andy is coming in to save my reputation."

8 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Guessing

I don't know. Say what y'all want but I don't think the offense changes this year. I think it's gonna be "here is 10 games, show me something or Andy is coming in to save my reputation."

3x in preseason 

• The D 1

Every conspiracy theory and theory I’ve heard and created about Bryce, right now, feels true. I just want him to prove me wrong but deep down I feel the magic 8 ball saying that it’s “very doubtful.” 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Guessing

Yall… they are saying they changed it 3 times in the OFFSEASON last year.  3 times before they played a dang game. 

• Beer 1