• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oline depth and the waiver wire

We're gonna cut some quality db's this year. I'm wondering if there are teams out there with a similar issue at the OL positions. We'll have our pick of anyone that comes across the waiver wire. What are some teams with depth or names that might be getting cut? 

I know Dallas has a history with producing quality pieces across the line, but know nothing about anyone else.

• Pie 1

I'm not sure yet, but it was definitely clear when Dan was on with the broadcast team last night that they definitely have a lot of plans to take advantage of the #1 spot on the waiver wire over the next few weeks.

• Pie 1

Unfortunately, quality backup olinemen are so rare to come by nowadays, that teams arent just going to be cutting guys that can come in and fix our oline depth issues.

That's why its so important to target guys in the later rounds of the draft which we have failed to do in the past years. Id rather take a flyer on a G/T from a big ten school, than a CB or S that might play gunner on special teams or be a backup nickel.

• Pie 4

20 minutes ago, Lemory said:

Unfortunately, quality backup olinemen are so rare to come by nowadays, that teams arent just going to be cutting guys that can come in and fix our oline depth issues.

That's why it’s so important to target guys in the later rounds of the draft which we have failed to do in the past years. Id rather take a flyer on a G/T from a big ten school, than a CB or S that might play gunner on special teams or be a backup nickel.

I only have hope that some other teams are overloaded in a spot and it becomes a numbers game where u get a guy that’s decent.  That’s when the #1 on waiver wire will buy u some traction. 

With Jameis Winston locking down the QB2 spot in Cleveland the Browns are going to cut one of either Tyler Huntley or DTR. I'd like to bring one of them in to be our QB3 and get Plummer off this team. 

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

20 minutes ago, Lemory said:

That's why its so important to target guys in the later rounds of the draft which we have failed to do in the past years. Id rather take a flyer on a G/T from a big ten school, than a CB or S that might play gunner on special teams or be a backup nickel.

^This, but that makes too much sense for the Panthers. I routinely mock 1-2 O-linemen every year just because of our historic lack of quality and depth there, especially post Rivera era.  I wanted a center this year, as did a lot of Huddlers who use the mock thread.  We ended up taking a DT and ANOTHER ILB with the last two picks instead.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

With Jameis Winston locking down the QB2 spot in Cleveland the Browns are going to cut one of either Tyler Huntley or DTR. I'd like to bring one of them in to be our QB3 and get Plummer off this team. 

This would be the way.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

^This, but that makes too much sense for the Panthers. I routinely mock 1-2 O-linemen every year just because of our historic lack of quality and depth there, especially post Rivera era.  I wanted a center this year, as did a lot of Huddlers who use the mock thread.  We ended up taking a DT and ANOTHER ILB with the last two picks instead.

Other than one really bad pass blocking rep against the patriots andrew raym has actually looked like a good depth center. 

1 hour ago, CmC2k said:

Yea I would love to grab one of those guys or even snag Joe Milton from the pats practice squad if they try to send him down.

2 hours ago, Lemory said:

I don't know about fixing the problem but I do think we can drastically improve it with priority on the wire.

I'd really like tepper to throw a ton of money at a scout that has a proven track record of finding good OL. whomever we have in the past has been awful.

2 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Imagine how ugly it’s going to get when we start losing starters for significant chunks of playing time. 

I think that is pretty much understood by everyone now. Even Tepper should know by now that this time is not deep enough. If anything, preseason has made that painfully obvious. Now that it's well known maybe now they will make a concerted effect to change that going forward. 

• Beer 1