• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our all time greats at every position

With as much of a beast Brown has become, it’s crazy to think that Jenkins was actually better… but he was. At least for now. Jenkins had that complete freak of nature ability. To think we had him and Peppers in their prime. SS89 showing the world who he was in the playoff run. Clutch Jake. Stephen Davis. Foster. A good O line. Morgan. 

Then Smith goes down in 04. We come up short in 05. Jake surgery in 07 and that’s all she wrote. Sad. 

• Pie 1

On 8/18/2024 at 3:58 PM, kungfoodude said:

It was a coin flip between him or Williams. I would accept Williams too.

Yea I honestly had a brain fart this 100% has to be CMC him and DWILL both have 2 1000 yard plus rushing years as panthers but CMC averaged 1000 receiving too.

7 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Yea I honestly had a brain fart this 100% has to be CMC him and DWILL both have 2 1000 yard plus rushing years as panthers but CMC averaged 1000 receiving too.

CMC was here for too short of a time to make any "All Time Great" lists. He left as the fifth leading rusher. Most talented, for sure but this isn't a most talented list. It's an All Time Great list.

CMC is unlikely to be remembered as a great Panther anyway. He is firmly a 49er and cares very little about being affiliated with this franchise.

23 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

CMC was here for too short of a time to make any "All Time Great" lists. He left as the fifth leading rusher. Most talented, for sure but this isn't a most talented list. It's an All Time Great list.

CMC is unlikely to be remembered as a great Panther anyway. He is firmly a 49er and cares very little about being affiliated with this franchise.

Lol. CMC >>>>>>> JSTEW 

Most talented and produced the most while here, the semantics of this is irrelevant I love how people point out the cesspool the team has been since Tepper took over constantly but are pissed CMC didn't want to be a part of it.

34 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Lol. CMC >>>>>>> JSTEW 

Most talented and produced the most while here, the semantics of this is irrelevant I love how people point out the cesspool the team has been since Tepper took over constantly but are pissed CMC didn't want to be a part of it.

You are barking up the wrong tree. I was the guy that was pissed we signed him to the contract we did. It had nothing to do with him being great or not great. It's the modern NFL. Only utter fools pay RB's big money.

As for All Time greats, notice that he isn't on many people's lists here. Perhaps that has more to do with the time periods being vastly different or maybe the people that actually watched all of the Panthers seasons without any recency bias actually do remember Double Trouble and how dominant that duo was for many years.

• Beer 1

On 8/18/2024 at 9:44 AM, kungfoodude said:

QB: Cam

RB: JStew

FB: Hoover

WR: Smitty

TE: Olsen(this was tough as Walls was so good)

OT: Gross

OG: Wharton

Center: Kalil

K: Kasey

P: Hekker

KR: Bates

LS: JJ

DE: Peppers

DT: Jenkins(could be Brown one day)

LB: Luke

S: Minter

CB: Gamble

I honestly feel like most positions are basically layups.

Was sooooo ready to argue this but, nah I think you've got it. Maybe Delhomme/Cam ... both completely different QBs, both had their ways, one the superior (maybe one of the most superior in NFL history) athletes, the other guy was just grit and heart and belief. 

But yeah, you nailed it.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Was sooooo ready to argue this but, nah I think you've got it. Maybe Delhomme/Cam ... both completely different QBs, both had their ways, one the superior (maybe one of the most superior in NFL history) athletes, the other guy was just grit and heart and belief. 

But yeah, you nailed it.

I personally don't think there is much debate between Cam/Jake. Jake, although beloved had many roster benefits that Cam didn't enjoy. Cam was on track to a HOF career and we really can't say that about Jake.

Plus if you go best versus best, Cam's 2015 MVP season is something we will likely never experience again(sadly). 

Jake had an amazing career arc, however. Still will be a beloved player.

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I personally don't think there is much debate between Cam/Jake. Jake, although beloved had many roster benefits that Cam didn't enjoy. Cam was on track to a HOF career and we really can't say that about Jake.

Plus if you go best versus best, Cam's 2015 MVP season is something we will likely never experience again(sadly). 

Jake had an amazing career arc, however. Still will be a beloved player.

Jake was the lovable reject underdog.  Cam was superman.  There's not really a comparison.  I'm taking 2015 Cam over anyone we've had under center.

• Beer 1

On 8/21/2024 at 9:07 AM, PantherChris said:

Lol. CMC >>>>>>> JSTEW 

@TrevorLaurenceTime22

Good to see you back again.

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Deangelo over J Stew. Yall just don’t like that man. 

Different running styles. Can make the case for either depending on what type of offense you're looking to run and the state of your oline.

If your oline is legit let Deangelo eat. If not let Stewart bounce between tackles and his stiff arm is ridiculous.

As far as people not liking DWilliams I don't let it effect my memories of his best plays. But he hasn't done himself favors over the years with Panthers fans. You can appreciate what he did for us and acknowledge that.

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Different running styles. Can make the case for either depending on what type of offense you're looking to run and the state of your oline.

If your oline is legit let Deangelo eat. If not let Stewart bounce between tackles and his stiff arm is ridiculous.

As far as people not liking DWilliams I don't let it effect my memories of his best plays. But he hasn't done himself favors over the years with Panthers fans. You can appreciate what he did for us and acknowledge that.

Fair enough, but DWill had one of his best seasons after leaving the team. I think that validated a lot of his beef in my eyes. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Fair enough, but DWill had one of his best seasons after leaving the team. I think that validated a lot of his beef in my eyes. 

I had forgotten that was also the 2015 season. Apparently some of the animosity he felt was what he perceived to be the team not showing support for him through his Mother's death. Coincidentally Kelvin Benjamin said the same thing. Now at first glance someone can just say sour grapes from both but this was when Gettleman was here with his enormous ego and pettiness. Honestly I think that guy is a complete douchebag looking back. Results wise some good some bad some horrific but how he treated people is inexcusable. He deserved to get shitcanned from us and the Giants. But our franchise as a whole shouldn't be blamed for his foolishness. The past is the past.