• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our all time greats at every position

15 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I pretty much agree with this with the addition of Muhammad for WR2.

I do think Jayce Horn is probably already the best CB in franchise history in terms of ability. But I understand him not earning the spot yet. 

I didn't take the WR2 spot because it was just simpler for me. I would agree on Moose, obviously.

Horn probably doesn’t make top ten in franchise history because you actually have to play games to do so. I'm actually not trying to be flippant when I say that but that same argument could be made for a lot of our injury plagued players in franchise history. 

Would have and could have just end up mattering very little when you compare them to did.

I'll make it a bit interesting, especially since a have some free time. If I had to make a 53 man roster with our all-time players. I would do this

image.thumb.png.90fa50c2e67cf0b51ae10cffcb463632.png

When you go back and look at stats, McCaffrey totaled about what Stewart and Williams did when you combine his rushing and receiving, but he never even passed Cam on the all-time rushing list. 

Safety was hard, but I went with Harris over Cota due to his 12 FFs in 3 years.

2nd string RT was hard too.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know what y'all are thinking with JStew. He was a good RB but the guy only had one 1000 yard season in his career. 

I mean it wasn’t his fault he was drafted behind Williams. But I think just on his ability in his  prime he was the best between the tackles runner. He had power, and the speed to break away.  Almost like our version of Fred Taylor. 

It’s hard because imo both Williams and Stewart were top 5 talents in their day but they were taking reps away from each other on the same team. 

Deangelo might be a HOFer in another timeline for another squad. In his day he  closest thing I’ve seen to Barry Sanders save for maybe Saquan. He just didn’t have the top end gear, at least not for long.

1 hour ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I'll make it a bit interesting, especially since a have some free time. If I had to make a 53 man roster with our all-time players. I would do this

image.thumb.png.90fa50c2e67cf0b51ae10cffcb463632.png

When you go back and look at stats, McCaffrey totaled about what Stewart and Williams did when you combine his rushing and receiving, but he never even passed Cam on the all-time rushing list. 

Safety was hard, but I went with Harris over Cota due to his 12 FFs in 3 years.

2nd string RT was hard too.

LaFell never even had a 700 yard season for us. Not sure he would make a top 10 list of our WR's. All his best years were post Carolina.

He was very talented, when he was available. 

McCaffrey is hard to judge because he really didn't have much talent around him. He was 90% of the offense. So he got most of the touches but he also didn't have much support. 

Stewart/Williams had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, and (for a while) Cam on the field as well. They had a supporting cast but also less opportunity than he did.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

LaFell never even had a 700 yard season for us. Not sure he would make a top 10 list of our WR's. All his best years were post Carolina.

Not much else to pick from. Here is our Top 25. 

This is how poor our WR history is.

image.thumb.png.33b0833cfb01cdfaca4288dd1031ccc4.png

Edited by ProcessBlue2
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Not much else to pick from. Here is our Top 25. 

This is how poor our WR history is.

image.thumb.png.33b0833cfb01cdfaca4288dd1031ccc4.png

Kelvin was better. Plus he could play LT in a pinch in 2014.

Also, I puked in my mouth a little reading that list. So many busts.

Truthfully, the seniors club like Proehl/Cotchery were probably better than Benjamin/LaFell/Funchess/etc.