• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our all time greats at every position

In trying to keep with some positive vibes this AM, list your all time Panthers greats at each position. By this, you get one choice at each spot. No Smith, Moose and DJ, x 2 more. No, you get 1 for each slot. You do get WR1 and WR2. You do get RB and FB. Guys need to have started at least a year so no Butker or the like. 

Cam, Smitty, Moose, Olsen, Deangelo, Gross, Kalil, Peppers, CJ, Star, Jenkins, Luke, TD, Gamble, Norman, Minter, Kasay 

if I didn’t mention a position I probably don’t have an opinion on it. Mills got left out cuz he was an ILB, which Luke takes the spot for.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

QB: Cam

RB: JStew

FB: Hoover

WR: Smitty

TE: Olsen(this was tough as Walls was so good)

OT: Gross

OG: Wharton

Center: Kalil

K: Kasey

P: Hekker

KR: Bates

LS: JJ

DE: Peppers

DT: Jenkins(could be Brown one day)

LB: Luke

S: Minter

CB: Gamble

I honestly feel like most positions are basically layups.

Agree with all of these....was just thinking about how many of these were Hurney picks.  

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He pretty much nailed it. My only argument may be punter and Sauerbrun (spelling) but only because he was juiced up and didn't give a damn about going and laying a hard ass hit.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 4

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

He pretty much nailed it. My only argument may be punter and Sauerbrun (spelling) but only because he was juiced up and didn't give a damn about going and laying a hard ass hit.

He just got caught doing it. So much stuff blurs the lines these days that I’m indifferent. But he was the best we’ve had. 

• Beer 1

In defense of my punter pick, if you look at Hekker his PG averages basically smoke any punter in our franchise history. If we are lucky enough to keep him for 3-4 more seasons, he may own most of our franchise punting records.

Also, I will say that in MOST positions my #2 guy was a worthy #1 overall guy. I guess it's kind of a shame how bad we have been overall as a franchise with some of the insane talent we have toted. Maybe not San Diego Chargers level of talent squandered but definitely top 5 in the NFL.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

In defense of my punter pick, if you look at Hekker his PG averages basically smoke any punter in our franchise history. If we are lucky enough to keep him for 3-4 more seasons, he may own most of our franchise punting records.

Also, I will say that in MOST positions my #2 guy was a worthy #1 overall guy. I guess it's kind of a shame how bad we have been overall as a franchise with some of the insane talent we have toted. Maybe not San Diego Chargers level of talent squandered but definitely top 5 in the NFL.

Hekker's better, but Saeurbrun will always be the MVP in my heart.  I loved that we had a knucklehead punter that would try to tackle people lol.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Hekker's better, but Saeurbrun will always be the MVP in my heart.  I loved that we had a knucklehead punter that would try to tackle people lol.

If we had only traded for Sebastian Jankowski we would have had the all goon kicking squad.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I pretty much agree with this with the addition of Muhammad for WR2.

I do think Jayce Horn is probably already the best CB in franchise history in terms of ability. But I understand him not earning the spot yet. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

He just got caught doing it. So much stuff blurs the lines these days that I’m indifferent. But he was the best we’ve had. 

Oh yeah, so many more were they just weren't caught. He must have not kissed the right ass at that point. He was so much fun to even watch punt and he had attitude in everything he did which I loved