• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the deal with Plummer?

NAS

He's struggling with this nfl qb thing. Obviously it wasn't intended for him to play so much in the preseason but when Andy got hurt that changed things. Had Andy been able to go this thread would most likely wouldn't be necessary. 

The Problem Im having is Canales and Morgan keep talking about competition at every spot and making the roster better- if these games do not matter then why not bring the in other options that are potentially better to challenge others like they keep talking about.,,unless they see Plummer as that…?!

Edited by Iceup
  • Beer 2

They're showcasing how bad Plummer is so that when they put Bryce in we're tricked into thinking that he's so much better even though he just sucks less. A little bit of psychology going on. Ask his father. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Manna said:

They're showcasing how bad Plummer is so that when they put Bryce in we're tricked into thinking that he's so much better even though he just sucks less. A little bit of psychology going on. Ask his father. 

They really have made an effort to find the worst 6'5" guys they can for QB3. I believe it's intentional 

33 minutes ago, App Panther said:

I'm pretty sure the Broncos are going to cut either Jarrett Stidham or Zach Wilson. I'd pounce on either one.

In 9 days there will be so many upgrade options. If they totally skip on upgrading at QB3 it will be hard to take this current staff seriously.

Stidham wouldn't hit the waiver wire, gotta be under 4 seasons in the league. He'd just be a FA

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I actually miss PJ. The man was fun to watch. Plummer could never pull off that pass to DJ in Atlanta 

Nor can Bryce for that matter.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

PJ would have taken so many more shots down field last year, for better or worse. I respect the yolo attitude. 

That throw was 70 yards through the air and is exactly the reason why arm strength matters. It's not because teams should just go verticals all the time - that would just be stupid - but because teams that can capitalize/work some magic from long range win games because of it. Not every game and not every time of course, but better to be able to do it than not.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

In 9 days there will be so many upgrade options. If they totally skip on upgrading at QB3 it will be hard to take this current staff seriously.

Stidham wouldn't hit the waiver wire, gotta be under 4 seasons in the league. He'd just be a FA

I think Plummer will be on the practice squad.  I bet they don't roster 3 QBs, and anyone on the practice squad would have to clear waivers.

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

That throw was 70 yards through the air and is exactly the reason why arm strength matters. It's not because teams should just go verticals all the time - that would just be stupid - but because teams that can capitalize/work some magic from long range win games because of it. Not every game and not every time of course, but better to be able to do it than not.

Yes. DC's take that into account when they game plan for teams. If they don't fear the deep ball they don't have to drop their safeties back 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I think Plummer will be on the practice squad.  I bet they don't roster 3 QBs, and anyone on the practice squad would have to clear waivers.

We definitely won't keep 3 qb's. No one will claim Plummer off waivers. I guess to claim on waivers we would have to have the qb on the active roster but regardless there will be better options than Plummer. Luton is a better option and he's already here lol