• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the deal with Plummer?

NAS

1 minute ago, frankw said:

The only conclusion I can make is the Panthers enjoy shitting on their own fanbase.

I mean surely there were better UDFA options at quarterback. But again this seems to go back to the suspicion that they didn't want anyone that would remotely threaten Bryce Young.

In fairness, he is the third string QB. It's been very many years since we had a 3rd string QB capable to even challenge for a 2nd string spot.

• Pie 4

Panthers have been wasting opportunities, draft picks & time for a decade. Do you expect them to have a system that can find & develop talent when they show no desire at any level of the franchise to be competitive with the best teams?

Hoping for a miracle September, but we're currently seeing zero promise.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Maybe they are trying to see just how deep into the realm of suck he is capable of taking the offense? Like they are searching for some 5th dimension level of suck poo perhaps?

My biggest concern is how do you evaluate wide receivers

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Perhaps. PJ Walker was miles better than this and a lot of people said he was garbage. So idk what that makes Jack Plummer lol

Yes but even PJ wasn't capable of challenging for a 2nd string spot in reality. 

Plummer is not an NFL player, nor will he be. 

There is really no sense even fretting over him. At any point he would possibly see the field we will see a mad scramble to sign free agent QB's. And we will also be assured of a #1 overall pick for the third straight year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

He’s just here because he’s been here. Why would they spend time teaching a new QB the system, plays, language, etc. for 3rd/4th string that won’t make the team? I’d prefer they focus elsewhere idk about you. It’s clear they place very little value in these preseason games and value practice way more.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1