• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason game 2 - who impressed who needs to get their ass cut

30 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Wouldn't we have to carry him on the active roster?  If we tried to send him to the PS, he'd have to clear waivers again right?

We would.  I would be ok using a 3rd qb as a roster spot. 

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

It's so funny how most of the people claiming they didn't watch it or only watched a small part are commenting the most about how they feel about the game.   I thought it was fairly positive.  Much better than the first game.  No big offensive explosion but what do you expect with Plummer who looked bad in college and some oline players who signed to the team in the past couple days.

I expect that an NFL front office could do better than Plummer at QB 3. Especially when the other two options are a bust and a washed up vet that seems to have zero interest in playing. Do we actively look for the worst players? Seems that way.

• Beer 1

Mike Boone and Dillon Johnson both deserve spots on the PS.

Jalen Coker has not done enough to make the 53. I think that the team is looking at possibly only carrying 6 WRs and that David Moore has shown more than ISM in preseason.

Plummer makes the PS unless they find a guy on waivers that they've been interested in. I think that they trust his understanding of the offense even though his execution isn't there.

ILB and DB are a lot deeper than we originally anticipated. I think that those groups are going to be tough to trim down.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

I'm sorry for Jack Plumber, he seems like a great fit for the UFL.  He'd do well there frankly.  Adrian Martinez was the best QB in the UFL this spring and he looked rather pedestrian.

I like our young secondary guys.  They played hard.  

I like Dillon Johnson.  Looks to be an interesting developmental player.

DJ Johnson looks like he could be a decent player.  Not good, but a replacement level rotational player.  He doesn't look as hopeless as last year.

Trevin Wallace looks good.  I like what I see there.

TJ Smith could be a really interesting player.

I'm pretty terrified of our OL once and injury or two occurs...

On 8/17/2024 at 11:59 PM, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Trevin Wallace is in a position to be in the fold and have a good amount of PT when the season starts.  Not predicting super stardom but he passes the eye test thus far.  

He's had 2 good preseason games and not a lot ahead of him on the depth chart. He and Sanders are looking like quality picks.

• Pie 1