• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the benefit to benching starters for the preseason?

hepcat

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Plus Bryce played in the preseason his rookie year.  Cross everyone off his list but Stroud, AR, and Levis.

That entire group saw more action last year than Bryce.  It was talked about a lot at the time. 

that entire group will have seen action this preseason.  

I think it's safe to say, our staff has been doing a horrible job getting a team ready to play.  Preseason (an d not the just the games).....likely part of that botched puzzle.  Because no matter the angle, we/Bryce stand out. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I started noticing a trend when I was tabulating and thought, "surely not."

Whelp....

Looking at the win/loss records shows just how mediocre this team has been over its history. It's gone from mediocre to just bad since the last SB, especially after Tepper bought it.

And before anyone says it, no, those 7 winning seasons don't make up for all the losing seasons because those handful of highs don't make up for the lows, especially since those highs always ended with another loss.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Looking at the win/loss records shows just how mediocre this team has been over its history. It's gone from mediocre to just bad since the last SB, especially after Tepper bought it.

And before anyone says it, no, those 7 winning seasons don't make up for all the losing seasons because those handful of highs don't make up for the lows, especially since those highs always ended with another loss.

Yep. A win in 2003 or 2015 woukd have forgiven a lot but alas, here we are.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep. A win in 2003 or 2015 woukd have forgiven a lot but alas, here we are.

I was thinking the other day, fox with that 2015 team should have been enough to win. 

But here we are in 2024 with the main plan is fox ball. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

I was thinking the other day, fox with that 2015 team should have been enough to win. 

But here we are in 2024 with the main plan is fox ball. 

Fox chased those 2 pt conversions in SB 38. Had he not I think they needed the winning FG to tie. I seem to recall Pats made a 2 pt conversion but they wouldn’t have tried it if we had just stuck to the 6pts plus 1 pt standard.

He did a great job getting us there, and that loss hurt bad. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

2003 was our year in some parallel dimension.  Too bad we’re in the wrong one.

IMO, 2015 was more so. The Broncos were so clearly the worst team we had played all postseason. 

Then Rivera and Co. decided to fug the pooch as hard as possible.

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

image.gif.6432460000300a213fc5b07a9aed399d.gif

What did I say that was wrong? I’m not moving any goal posts. You were using veteran QBs who’ve played for the same coaches and then pointed to Herbert with a new coach and you didn’t realize he was hurt all preseason until Monday. Personally, I’ve never said that I think sitting vet QBs is a problem.

I just gave you a list of Young’s closest peers and showed that Young was the only one not taking snaps and he has a brand new coach and a brand new OL.

Sorry you couldn’t argue against valid points.

16 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Plus Bryce played in the preseason his rookie year.  Cross everyone off his list but Stroud, AR, and Levis.

Same thing got discussed last year. Young barely saw action while the others got a lot more reps. We talked about it in here that we didn’t get why Young wasn’t getting more reps when it looked like he needed them.

Suffice it to say that Young is an outlier when looking at the preseason time of the last two draft classes which contain 9 1st round QBs and Levis. Seems like that’s a substantial set of examples.

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

IMO, 2015 was more so. The Broncos were so clearly the worst team we had played all postseason. 

That is true about Denver.

I was cringing all was it two weeks or one, but I was cringing because our side was acting way over confident to me. I saw it coming. 

Talk afterwards... but when you win, no words needed. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, strato said:

That is true about Denver.

I was cringing all was it two weeks or one, but I was cringing because our side was acting way over confident to me. I saw it coming. 

Talk afterwards... but when you win, no words needed. 

Yep. The warning signs were there. 

And even having a HOF QB didn't matter. He was the worst stsrting QB in the NFL that season and played terrible.

It was our game to lose and we fuging lost.

That's one I will never forgive Ron & Co. for. 

• Beer 2

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The 2015 team was the best in the NFL that year.  They should have won.

The 2003 team should have never been there in the first place.  So many of the regular season and playoff games were like Disney movie finishes.  It felt like it was gonna happen, and then it just... didn't.

• Beer 1