• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inactives: Starters get the night off against Jets

38 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

Every team is playing their starters except for one of worst teams in the League lol.

Carolina is still currently the worst team in the league. Just sayin'. Will be for at least 2 more weeks when the regular season starts.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Castavar said:

And then they'll use the "rusty" excuse once we lose to the Saints week 1

Oh it ls coming.... I heard someone on a panthers platform say isn't even knocking them if the first half is terrible of that game. 

• Beer 1

Not saying I necessarily agree with the approach, but I do understand some of the reasoning.

-We are so thin at some positions, a couple of injuries could make a huge difference. We have such a depth issue, we'd be picking up other teams cuts to start for us.

-With the 17 game season, you can almost make the argument that importance of the first few games is much less than normal.

-Coach may be thinking "We probably aren't making the playoffs anyway, but either way it's more important for us to play better the second half of the season, and we stand a better chance of that if we avoid extra live bullets in the preseason".

-Gives a much chance to see if any of the backups can play at all.

Just some of the thoughts. Those joint practices are better for evaluating talent in some ways anyway.

If it were me, I'd definitely play the starters a series or so in this game.  But I also think some of us are so starved to see these guys, we want that for ourselves.

If we open up the first game with a 14-3 lead at half, I wonder what the reaction would be (besides most of us being drunk off our ass in disbelief)?

This is the by product of only a 3 game preseason, and the importance to figure out the entire roster. Not the starters. 

It's just more important to get the depth figured out.  The 1 or 2 series the starters would get isn't going to change anything.  Except to the fans. 

• Pie 1