• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legend of the Game: Armanti Edwards

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Trading up with NE to select him in the 2nd round.  At that time you didn’t draft non-D1 players out of position that high.  It put unfair expectations on the kid and he couldn’t cut it.  And most of all because fug Hurney.

I don't think he could have cut it regardless of the round selected.  Had he been a 6th round pick, he might not have stuck around as long, which actually gave him a better shot at making it.  And being a second-round pick got him a little more money.  I think Hurney helped Edwards but hurt us.  But its water under the bridge now.

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

He was probably overwhelmed because he was playing a position he never played before in the highest level right off the bat

He was given no leeway to learn the position either

Still maintain we should have just played him at QB once Clausen started sucking. He at least would have made plays and been a little exciting which is something Clausen couldn't do

Biggest mistake they made was not legit playing him at QB over Clausen or anyone else. The man was a QB so we should have given him a shot and played him as one with expectations of a QB letting him run a complete offense as anyone else would have.

Just now, WUnderhill said:

First Philly now this. We’ve been playing pretty loose with the word “legend”. 

Im pretty much a huddle legend, sort of more than a man but less than a god is how I would describe myself. Armanti is most definitely an App. State legend and  former Panther who wasnt used correctly and should have been given his shot at QB

Just now, Ricky Prickles said:

Im pretty much a huddle legend, sort of more than a man but less than a god is how I would describe myself. Armanti is most definitely an App. State legend and  former Panther who wasnt used correctly and should have been given his shot at QB

IIRC nobody was scouting him as a QB for the draft. I doubt it would have worked either way. Classic overdraft the local legend to sell tickets.

• Pie 1

Over drafting a kid that far and then making him switch positions was brutal. I hated the entire idea but i felt for the kid because it was wrong on every level but the pay. 2010 was wild and freaking Pickle in the same draft. I can't believe Hurney still works in the NFL. 

57 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

He was probably overwhelmed because he was playing a position he never played before in the highest level right off the bat

Still maintain we should have just played him at QB once Clausen started sucking. He at least would have made plays and been a little exciting which is something Clausen couldn't do

This x 100.

7 hours ago, amcoolio said:

that is pretty much what he told me then.  He said it was like learning a new sport when you are competing with pros who have done it their entire lives.  He did not talk about Fox not liking him, but I thought so at the time.

7 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

IIRC nobody was scouting him as a QB for the draft. I doubt it would have worked either way. Classic overdraft the local legend to sell tickets.

Still would have been better to have used him as a QB and given him a shot no matter what everyone else scouted him as or thought. The only time they ever wanted to use him was a wildcat if I remember correctly...? We had nothing else going at the time from what I remember and he could have been given a shot

• Pie 1