• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legend of the Game: Armanti Edwards

33 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Hurney proper fuged this kid.

How so?

He was a good college player, but just couldn't cut it in the NFL.  The Panthers gave him a shot, but it didn't work out for him.  Seems to me that if anyone got screwed in the deal, it was the team.  

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

How so?

He was a good college player, but just couldn't cut it in the NFL.  The Panthers gave him a shot, but it didn't work out for him.  Seems to me that if anyone got screwed in the deal, it was the team.  

We even traded up for him I think?  Maybe I'm misremembering.  But yea I remember we even made that "mountaineer package" where it was basically just wildcat with him at qb.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Gantt is digging deep for fluff eh?

As an aside everything I've read about Armanti on a personal level has been impressive. I wish him the best.

I talked to him a few times during OTAs. He was overwhelmed and told me about it.  Fox had little to do with that draft (he was a lame duck, if you recall) and Hurney did not get his input.  I literally heard Fox put down Clausen while talking to another coach (in Spartanburg later). At that time, he saw Armanti drop a punt from the jugs machine.  He just started shaking his head, walking away.  Nice guy--no better.

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

How so?

Trading up with NE to select him in the 2nd round.  At that time you didn’t draft non-D1 players out of position that high.  It put unfair expectations on the kid and he couldn’t cut it.  And most of all because fug Hurney.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Trading up with NE to select him in the 2nd round.  At that time you didn’t draft non-D1 players out of position that high.  It put unfair expectations on the kid and he couldn’t cut it.  And most of all because fug Hurney.

The ol hurney two step to nowhere....Lets bring up Edwards and mention him in the same sentence with Julius Peppers....LMAO....

Edited by Johnstonny

19 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I talked to him a few times during OTAs. He was overwhelmed and told me about it.  Fox had little to do with that draft (he was a lame duck, if you recall) and Hurney did not get his input.  I literally heard Fox put down Clausen while talking to another coach (in Spartanburg later). At that time, he saw Armanti drop a punt from the jugs machine.  He just started shaking his head, walking away.  Nice guy--no better.

He was probably overwhelmed because he was playing a position he never played before in the highest level right off the bat

He was given no leeway to learn the position either

Still maintain we should have just played him at QB once Clausen started sucking. He at least would have made plays and been a little exciting which is something Clausen couldn't do

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1