• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Vs Jets 7pm

5 hours ago, Navy_football said:

I'm not worried about the QB right now. If he plays, great. If not... I get it. Would rather see Bryce out there a few drives but I understand why they don't want to risk it yet. 

I really want to see the starting oline against the Jets starters. I want to see Carolinas starting dline stop the run and create pressure. Also want to see some WRs run after the catch. I know y'all ain't gone like this, but the only player that juked a guy in the open field last year was the QB. 

Hot take: wide receivers used to be smaller and shifty players for a reason. I prefer a Stefon Diggs over DK. 

Being big is great.....if you can get open. IDGAF about measurables if you can't get open AND catch the ball.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Bryce isn’t not playing because of worry about injury…

Bryce isn’t playing because the O isn’t competent right now and Canales doesn’t want to address that….still has weeks ahead to work on getting something to look better.  Why should he bring that headache on himself in terms of PR. 

Most QBs legit want a couple reps to make sure they can see any concerns and problems in their O.  Wins are too important and there are too few games to figure stuff out when the season starts. 

I mean, you protect runners, old guys, injury stuff.  Then you rest guys once you know the team is generally ready. 

Maybe you’re right, but either way he’s going to have to deal with PR… He’s the head coach of a NFL franchise. Also, wouldn’t you want to try and iron out those problems in 4 games that don’t count than just in practice or before real games start? 

I’m a huge golfer and play in tournaments all the time. I practice and play in dog fights to prep for tournaments I have coming up, not just practice. 

11 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

Maybe you’re right, but either way he’s going to have to deal with PR… He’s the head coach of a NFL franchise. Also, wouldn’t you want to try and iron out those problems in 4 games that don’t count than just in practice or before real games start? 

I’m a huge golfer and play in tournaments all the time. I practice and play in dog fights to prep for tournaments I have coming up, not just practice. 

Rookie HC is like a rookie QB.  There's gonna be mistakes made.  Growing pains, etc.  The real question is, how does he respond to bumps in the road, and will he be given enough time to grow as a coach?

I don't know if Canales will work out or not, but rookie mistakes have to be expected.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Bryce isn’t not playing because of worry about injury…

Bryce isn’t playing because the O isn’t competent right now and Canales doesn’t want to address that….still has weeks ahead to work on getting something to look better.  Why should he bring that headache on himself in terms of PR. 

Most QBs legit want a couple reps to make sure they can see any concerns and problems in their O.  Wins are too important and there are too few games to figure stuff out when the season starts. 

I mean, you protect runners, old guys, injury stuff.  Then you rest guys once you know the team is generally ready. 

We aren’t playing for anything this year. Got the whole season to evaluate your QB. That’s all this season is about. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm actually more excited about the college football season. My eyes will be on the top QB's. Pretty sure this will be Bryce make or break year if he doesn't improve we have to move on.

Normally, I would be, too. But with my Gamecocks playing in the SEC, and now with the NIL, it's going to be incredibly difficult for them to even make it to a Bowl game, let alone to the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, bandu said:

okay wait a minute let me pinch myself right now the line has the Panthers at -1 favorites tonight against the N.Y. Jets

let's gooo!

Vegas heard about that joint practice.  

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Rookie HC is like a rookie QB.  There's gonna be mistakes made.  Growing pains, etc.  The real question is, how does he respond to bumps in the road, and will he be given enough time to grow as a coach?

I don't know if Canales will work out or not, but rookie mistakes have to be expected.

Rookie mistakes?  You know you can't talk that way here.  There were a bunch of people saying he should be fired in the first preseason game thread lol

4 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Rookie mistakes?  You know you can't talk that way here.  There were a bunch of people saying he should be fired in the first preseason game thread lol

Fired? Nah. But only dressing 7 OL was immediately a head scratcher and guess what? It ended up being an issue like most predicted. That’s not even a rookie mistake it’s just downright dumb 

26 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Normally, I would be, too. But with my Gamecocks playing in the SEC, and now with the NIL, it's going to be incredibly difficult for them to even make it to a Bowl game, let alone to the playoffs. 

UNC will welcome you with open arms.

• The D 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Have we gotten anything official on who is and isn't playing? And if not why are they waiting so late to announce it? 

One of 2 things will happen. Either Bryce won’t play and the huddle will have a meltdown. Or, Bryce will play with heavy emphasis on the run game and dumping the ball off to make sure he doesn’t take unnecessary hits before the regular season, and the huddle will have a meltdown. Either way, huddle meltdown guaranteed.