• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Vs Jets 7pm

7 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

Well I’m not talking about just one player… I’m talking about the team. I’d also argue they need to play a half. Again, these guys need experience more so than any team in the league IMO. 

Right. I said he but I meant they. A couple of plays won't make a difference. A full half probably could. Ideally 2nd and 3rd quarters after adjustments too.

• Pie 1

Just now, Hoenheim said:

Have we gotten anything official on who is and isn't playing? And if not why are they waiting so late to announce it? 

Falcons just had a list of non dressed players go up like 20 minutes before their game started. It's not required in preseason to announce anything, some coaches are more forthcoming with the info but lately beat writers just make a list of who's not in uniform during warm ups

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

Luton was at least watchable, Plummer legit might be the worst QB Ive ever seen.

Luton actually started 3 games for Jacksonville in 2020, he can run a preseason game. Plummer wasn't even decent at Louisville

2 hours ago, SazmoRanger said:

I don't understand the worry about injuries. I mean, what's the difference in Bryce or any starter getting injured today versus week 1? I think the live reps against real competition in pads is needed especially for a young team like this. There's a reason Burrow, Lawerence, Allen, etc are getting snaps.

Bryce isn’t not playing because of worry about injury…

Bryce isn’t playing because the O isn’t competent right now and Canales doesn’t want to address that….still has weeks ahead to work on getting something to look better.  Why should he bring that headache on himself in terms of PR. 

Most QBs legit want a couple reps to make sure they can see any concerns and problems in their O.  Wins are too important and there are too few games to figure stuff out when the season starts. 

I mean, you protect runners, old guys, injury stuff.  Then you rest guys once you know the team is generally ready. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bryce isn’t not playing because of worry about injury…

Bryce isn’t playing because the O isn’t competent right now and Canales doesn’t want to address that….still has weeks ahead to work on getting something to look better.  Why should he bring that headache on himself in terms of PR. 

Most QBs legit want a couple reps to make sure they can see any concerns and problems in their O.  Wins are too important and there are too few games to figure stuff out when the season starts. 

I mean, you protect runners, old guys, injury stuff.  Then you rest guys once you know the team is generally ready. 

With the putrid football I've had to observe the last few years I'll take the Cam Newton mentality from a #1 pick QB who wants to be on the field every single time versus one who says "Sure thing coach whatever you say" when told he can yuck it up on the sideline while pocketing 38 million dollars.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

With the putrid football I've had to observe the last few years I'll take the Cam Newton mentality from a #1 pick QB who wants to be on the field every single time versus one who says "Sure thing coach whatever you say" when told he can yuck it up on the sideline while pocketing 38 million dollars.

You think Andy Reid is forcing Mahomes to play a half? Nah.  Mahomes wants a ring.  Got to iron out all the kinks now.  Can’t afford to start finding and fixing stuff that already exists later….that how winnable early games are Ls. 

Bryce checks zero boxes on why you would sit a guy and all the boxes on why you would play a guy.  I can get  it from Canales perspective though.  The perspective that isn’t talked about though. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

You think Andy Reid is forcing Mahomes to play a half? Nah.  Mahomes wants a ring.  Got to iron out all the kinks now.  Can’t afford to start finding and fixing stuff that already exists later….that how winnable early games are Ls. 

Bryce checks zero boxes on why you would sit a guy and all the boxes on why you would play a guy.  I can get  it from Canales perspective though.  The perspective that isn’t talked about though. 

I agree it's lose/lose for Canales. Which is why I've cautioned all the complete scapegoating of Reich just as people did with Rhule.

But coach Canales took the job. He might be able to avoid the ire for another few weeks but by the end of September the flood gates of criticism will be wide open. He will be battle tested early.

• Pie 1