• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Vs Jets 7pm

43 minutes ago, strato said:

Those mechanics though, he needs them right. I look and I believe he needs to use more effort than those strapping dudes with the big arms. To get the same results. And then the more effort you are using the easier it is for those mechanics to break down. 

I guess it is a long way of saying I don’t think he has a lot of margin for error and it needs to be right. So I hope it is, and let’s see it it. 

I hear you. He doesn't have a big arm. But it's good enough in my opinion. If he can complete throws against Jaycee and Sauce, then his arm talent is good enough to complete passes on anyone. But agree, he doesn't have the type of arm to turn to the 3rd read and launch it 50-60 yards in the NFL. To be fair, a deep threat/jump ball receiver is usually needed for those too. 

• Pie 1

I don't understand the worry about injuries. I mean, what's the difference in Bryce or any starter getting injured today versus week 1? I think the live reps against real competition in pads is needed especially for a young team like this. There's a reason Burrow, Lawerence, Allen, etc are getting snaps.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

If he can get low enough he could run between the linemen's legs without being seen. It sounds so crazy it just might work!

I could sworn he did that once last season in a short yards situation. The defense was like "where the Hell is he"

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

I don't understand the worry about injuries. I mean, what's the difference in Bryce or any starter getting injured today versus week 1? I think the live reps against real competition in pads is needed especially for a young team like this. There's a reason Burrow, Lawerence, Allen, etc are getting snaps.

Well... injuries are aren't always an accumulation of things. They're often freak accidents almost. I guess the idea is to limit the opportunities for those freak accidents. 

5 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Well... injuries are aren't always an accumulation of things. They're often freak accidents almost. I guess the idea is to limit the opportunities for those freak accidents. 

I get that, but they're still going to play in a 17+ game season. Bryce isn't Mahomes, Leggette isn't DK Metcalf, Sanders isn't Kittle, etc. These young dudes need as many reps as possible especially in a brand new system with brand new players and coaches.. Burrow and Chase have a connection because they've played with each other for like 7 years at this point so I understand if they don't play, but yet they still are? Hell, Burrow is coming off a bad injury from last year.

Edited by SazmoRanger
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, SazmoRanger said:

I get that, but they're still going to play in a 17+ game season. Bryce isn't Mahomes, Leggette isn't DK Metcalf, Sanders isn't Kittle, etc. These young dudes need as many reps as possible especially in a brand new system with brand new players and coaches.. Burrow and Chase have a connection because they've played with each other for like 7 years at this point so I understand if they don't play, but yet they still are? Hell, Burrow is coming off a bad injury from last year.

Yeah but 1 or 2 series probably won't make a difference, other than confidence (good or bad). Now if he was playing for a full half, now we're talking. 

• Beer 1

55 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Yeah but 1 or 2 series probably won't make a difference, other than confidence (good or bad). Now if he was playing for a full half, now we're talking. 

Well I’m not talking about just one player… I’m talking about the team. I’d also argue they need to play a half. Again, these guys need experience more so than any team in the league IMO. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'll settle for a quarter of Dalton at this point. Anything besides 3 quarters of Plummer again

Honestly Dalton would probably have played last game some and this one if he wasn’t injured. He is a good one to put out there to really grade the other players on offense trying to make the team IMO. He will give them a chance and not poo the bed. 

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm actually more excited about the college football season. My eyes will be on the top QB's. Pretty sure this will be Bryce make or break year if he doesn't improve we have to move on.

Sanders will be interesting with his upgraded OL, but I doubt Prime lets him play here…

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Sanders will be interesting with his upgraded OL, but I doubt Prime lets him play here…

Yeah that's who I want, but my mind tells me there is no way Prime lets his son come here.

Hopefully Bryce shows some promise and we can select Travis Hunter as another weapon on offense.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam