• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Financial question(credit card debt)

panther4life

Change your car insurance provider. Just for switching you will save around $300 a year.

Sale your car and get something cheaper cause you definitely cannot afford it.

Try to find a place with roommate, that alone can save you around $600 a month.

Dump Direct TV and get basic cable. That will save you around $30-$40 a month.

You came here to find an easy way out but there is none.

The debt is spread out over 5 companies and I would need them all to cave. Still an option, just wanted to see if you guys could offer me some more options or talk me out of what i'm considering

Find a reputable credit counseling agency. They can help sometimes by negotiating with the credit companies for you.

Cut all the costs you can up front. Some are easy as some have mentioned.

If you are really a good salesman then you should have no problem calling the CC companies and get some type of reduction or the terms modified.

Next, start living at this forum. creditboards dot com. That will be your financial lifesaver when it's said and done.

From there, assuming your rates and payments have been lowered, start debt snowballing.

Anytime you get some extra cash, bank a little and use the rest towards the card you have been focused on. Some go for the higher balance, some the higher rate. Whichever you choose, stick with it.

Finally, simple but often overlooked is WRITE ALL THIS JUNK DOWN. See what you owe, see the due dates and the min. See where you money is going and not going.

Until you do that you will just be overwhelmed and indifferent.

But little by little knock this down and you will be in much better shape before you know it.

I'm with everyone else on other things - you've got an awful lot of luxuries in your expenses. Get rid of them. I'm dumbfounded that you never considered $400 a month as a car payment being way too much. You sell cars, you know you can get something cheaper. And I get that you love your dog, but why would you have one if you work so much that you have to have a doggy door so he can let himself in and out? Dogs need companionship so happy is he?

I used to sell cars and the worst mistake I ever made was buying a new one. Now I just buy $3-5k cars and drive them into the ground and I mean I drive them.

I am still paying off my sins of the past and now that I am looking at buying a house it's killing me. Stupid 20-something Panthro. Sell your car, go cheap as hell on living expenses, and for the love of god get some roomates.

I wasted for $30k over the last 3 years bc I lived with myself. Now I have roomies and bank about $700 a month. Which is going to my debt.

Archived