• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce, Ickey, others looking good against jets. Video

16 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

This also not true...if you want to say "surprising" then sure. But freaked out is not the mood. Lol 

The usuals are working overtime to spin it. 

No surprise. I don't think poor Frank has slept. 😄

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Well..when,  in the last 5 years,  has the adjective ‘good ‘ been applied to the Panthers 

nothing wrong with a little joy over something small in prp spoeys 

It's not the joy I'm commenting on. 

I honestly believe that if both play well, their Huddle Haters are going to get upset about it because some are so insecure that they would rather be right about a tragedy than admit they were wrong during prosperity.  They will predict the meltdown, call it a fluke, etc. instead of shifting their dispositions from negative to hopeful.  Statistically, most NFL players fail, a fact that needs no constant updates. What I saw yesterday was a flash of hope, but as a former athlete, I see hope and positivity as necessary aspects of sports.  I understand the odds against success, but I also see the chance for it--and choose to focus on that.

• Pie 4

17 hours ago, strato said:

Were people scheming Icky? I didn’t look at much but if I were to assume, I’d say not so much. We still have to see about that under real conditions. 

He did not throw many decent run blocks last year along with the losing focus and getting beat on the regular. And not just beat, abused. 

And I saw him run blocking like a dozer in 2022.

Remember when Pep had that inexplicable really down year? Let’s hope that’s Icky’s thing too. Could black cat be that lucky?

In his defense:  The G beside him sucked.  He did not get TE help as much as I would have provided--the play calling was very predictable and when everyone knows what you are going to do,the Edge rushers and contain players can rush....

His problems:  Confidence got shaken, his footwork is lazy and he does not always initiate the contact with his arms extended.  In this video, the edge was ripping and he managed to make good contact and knock him down. His feet were better, but his balance was not ideal---he was nearly falling backward, so he was done if the Edge does not lose his feet.  Looked good, but it was not ideal. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I honestly believe that if both play well, their Huddle Haters are going to get upset about it because some are so insecure that they would rather be right about a tragedy than admit they were wrong during prosperity.  They will predict the meltdown, call it a fluke, etc. instead of shifting their dispositions from negative to hopeful.  Statistically, most NFL players fail, a fact that needs no constant updates. What I saw yesterday was a flash of hope, but as a former athlete, I see hope and positivity as necessary aspects of sports.  I understand the odds against success, but I also see the chance for it--and choose to focus on that.

I hope not.  I hope IF they start playing well, most fans return to their excited phase and start cheering for the team.  I'm sure there will be one or two that don't but that's always going to be the case.  I feel like winning cures a lot of this...

I do agree with it being boring and easy to predict failure for a player.  Most players will struggle in the NFL and predicting it isn't really that impressive.  

I always thought Ickey had a solid shot to make the leap but last year he didn't show up ready to take a much needed step in that direction which was really demoralizing to watch. No idea if he can keep it up but he seems in a better place then coming into last year. 

Bryce is currently in a place where he should be shinning with no contact, no olinemen in his face and no pressure. Great, he is showing up where it should be easiest for him. The problem is that when he does face those 3 things that is where his issues surface and all of that is what a game day experience will entail. If they don't play him against the Jets then I wouldn't get my hopes up because that is where he has to prove himself so hiding him is a giant red flag. 

Nothing surprising so far for me. And the Jets are still a dumpster fire with the second lowest win total next to the Panthers in the last 5 years for a little context, 1st in the last 6 years. The Panthers couldn't have picked a worst measuring stick of 'success' other than themselves in these practices but it is fitting. 

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I don't know how you can honestly post this after yesterday.  Everyone wants to be hopeful except for maybe one or two people.  Quite the generalization to make.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Your take is quite the spin as well.

Looks like I'm occupying a vast amount of space inside his mind. If he doesn't chill the state of North Carolina is going to try to saddle me with paying taxes on that.

With all the recent posts he's made has he even expressed a football related opinion of his own? All I've seen are complaints about others. Maybe he should take the advice he's given others about going out and touching grass.

8 hours ago, Martin said:

I don’t believe in Young, but it was nice too finally see a well thrown deep ball from him. Hopefully we can see some more of that.

Bryce's big selling point was his intelligence. I just hope that he's smart enough to overcome his obvious physical detriments (ala Drew Brees). We all know that the coaching staff did him no favors last year, so I'm trying my best to keep an open mind. Cautiously optimistic...

7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

In his defense:  The G beside him sucked.  He did not get TE help as much as I would have provided--the play calling was very predictable and when everyone knows what you are going to do,the Edge rushers and contain players can rush....

His problems:  Confidence got shaken, his footwork is lazy and he does not always initiate the contact with his arms extended.  In this video, the edge was ripping and he managed to make good contact and knock him down. His feet were better, but his balance was not ideal---he was nearly falling backward, so he was done if the Edge does not lose his feet.  Looked good, but it was not ideal. 

Thanks for replying bt what did you think I was asking? I intended to aim that question at the scrimmage because I only saw that one highlight.

I gotta say though, you lead with ‘in his defense’ and I didn’t realize I was attacking him. 

Maybe it was the Peppers thing or the observation that his run blocking disappeared? What I was hoping to communicate was basically I think he can run block like few others, he showed it. You don’t forget how. But he did. Without saying he should bounce back, I was kind of trying to indiocate that I believed something was really wrong when he is not only struggling (a generous characterization) with the pass pro but that dominating run blocking was invisible. And he did not lose that ability. 

I guess I think it could be like the year that Peppers confounded everyone by playing far below his capabilities and no one really had an good explanation for why, that I can remember,.

I don’t get much from those practice videos we have been getting, And I can’t see enough to attempt an intelligent comment., much less make one. I mean I couldn’t mine a good take from what I can see in most of those. So if anyone knows, how is he looking front to back this year?

Is the feeling that last year was a tell? Or just a crap year and he is looking (like he is) over it and ready to resume his ascent? 

Edited by strato