• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce, Ickey, others looking good against jets. Video

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

GREAT stuff and insight right here!

One huge thing I've noticed differently in terms of how our DBs are coached.........we're actually turning around for the ball now (which we also saw a lot in the first preseason game). There's no doubt that is being drilled in their heads by our coaches. I can't tell you how many years we've been questioning why our CBs NEVER turn around for the ball, which usually ends up in a DPI because of an underthrown ball by the QB.

As for Bryce, this might have been his best practice yet. I have to see him do it when the real games start though, when they are actually allowed to hit him. But just happy he finally stringed together a great practice, joint practice at that.

Since Wilks… was the last time, no need for years, you probably knew already lol

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Castavar said:

GREAT stuff and insight right here!

One huge thing I've noticed differently in terms of how our DBs are coached.........we're actually turning around for the ball now (which we also saw a lot in the first preseason game). There's no doubt that is being drilled in their heads by our coaches. I can't tell you how many years we've been questioning why our CBs NEVER turn around for the ball, which usually ends up in a DPI because of an underthrown ball by the QB.

As for Bryce, this might have been his best practice yet. I have to see him do it when the real games start though, when they are actually allowed to hit him. But just happy he finally stringed together a great practice, joint practice at that.

I think so too on the insight with the young podcaster

i loved seeing Ickey bury that guy…that’s who I saw at N.C. State

good for young and the receivers 

been a long haul for the Carolina fans….it is good to feel positive…even for just a practice 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, CLG said:

Since Wilks… was the last time, no need for years, you probably knew already lol

Exactly. So about a decade ago. His little 2nd stint here didn't even give him enough time to implement anything.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Very encouraging. I said in the first preseason game thread that this defense is going to get a lot of turnovers this year. I loved the way the secondary were actually playing the ball. 

Bryce showed some good stuff. I hope this trend continues. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, frankw said:

Both Bryce and Ickey looking improved and worthy of their draft selection? I am intrigued. Let's increase this sample size and maybe we might actually have something here.

Exactly. String together a couple of regular season games like this and collect some Ws, and maybe the narrative will start to change a lil bit. But until then, I will remain skeptical. Good step in the right direction though. Let's see how we build off of this.

One thing's for sure though, it does seem that Canales has brought a WHOLE different attitude with this team. Definitely feels a lot different from previous years just in terms of attitude and scheme. We shall see.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

This also not true...if you want to say "surprising" then sure. But freaked out is not the mood. Lol 

Most coherent and reasonable fans are encouraged but very cautiously optimistic for extremely plainly obvious reasons.

I mean hey let's be real here. The most ugly game of the Panthers season and one of the worst games in franchise history against the Jaguars missing their starting QB occurred directly after Bryce and the rest of the offenses best game of the season against the Packers.

It is perfectly reasonable to take the cautious optimism approach with this team.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Were people scheming Icky? I didn’t look at much but if I were to assume, I’d say not so much. We still have to see about that under real conditions. 

He did not throw many decent run blocks last year along with the losing focus and getting beat on the regular. And not just beat, abused. 

And I saw him run blocking like a dozer in 2022.

Remember when Pep had that inexplicable really down year? Let’s hope that’s Icky’s thing too. Could black cat be that lucky?

15 hours ago, csx said:

People are so freaked out by the simple observation that it was a good practice.  

Well..when,  in the last 5 years,  has the adjective ‘good ‘ been applied to the Panthers 

nothing wrong with a little joy over something small in prp spoeys