• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile…in Atlanta

17 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If Cousins struggle they can easily replace him with Penix.

If Penix works out they're setup to run the division for the foreseeable future. The first team to land a quality young QB is going to have a massive competitive advantage in the NFC South.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Penix works out they're setup to run the division for the foreseeable future. The first team to land a quality young QB is going to have a massive competitive advantage in the NFC South.

Yeah the more I think about it, that pick may not have been the blunder it was made out to be.  It's such an important position.  If Cousins gets hurt their season isn't over.  They could trade Cousins in year 2/3 if Penix looks like the real deal.  Penix's age and injury history was the main concern for me vs them taking a QB that early.

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 4

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah the more I think about it, that pick may not have been the blunder it was made out to be.  It's such an important position.  If Cousins gets hurt their season isn't over.  They could trade Cousins in year 2/3 in Penix looks like the real deal.  Penix's age and injury history was the main concern for me vs them taking a QB that early.

My initial reaction was WTF they're insane.  But after the dust settled, it might not be that bad of an idea.  Maybe they didn't pick the right guy, and maybe they should have told Kirk their plans.  But the fundamentals behind the idea are hard to argue with.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah the more I think about it, that pick may not have been the blunder it was made out to be.  It's such an important position.  If Cousins gets hurt their season isn't over.  They could trade Cousins in year 2/3 if Penix looks like the real deal.  Penix's age and injury history was the main concern for me vs them taking a QB that early.

If you think there's a potential franchise QB available and you don't have a long-term franchise QB on the roster, you almost have to take him. Kirk Cousins is 35 and coming off a torn Achilles. That's no sure thing in the short-term and almost certainly isn't a long-term solution.

I have a lot of questions about Penix in the NFL. His arm isn't much better than Bryce's. But if it works out they're gonna look brilliant. If it doesn't, it's not like they mortgaged the franchise to get him.

• Pie 3

22 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The Falcons lost to the 2-15 Carolina panthers. 

21 hours ago, t96 said:

Lol nah Kirk Cousins will never have a deep playoff run

20 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Sorry im coming in late but how do the Falcons look this season? Is Roddy White and Algae Crumpler looking decent in camp so far? I cant stand Matt Ryan, I hope we shut his ass down!

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

It hit late last night that you bastards tricked me into posting positive support for the failcons!!!!!!1!1!1!!  

1723084083963433.jpg.aaba6ec3bdf24e81f540d4a11bcb6d5c.jpg

• Pie 1