• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile…in Atlanta

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

There is zero chance they are the 1 seed above teams like the 49ers, Lions, Eagles, even Cowboys. It’s the fuging Falcons lol. Terrible HC hire too

Let's both remember this at seasons end. I hope you are right!

18 minutes ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

I hate the falcons more than the next but anyone hating on Kurk Co you crazy and don't watch football. If BY can even sniff his production we all would sign on for that......don't front 

I'm no Cousins fan but you do make a valid point. Production wise that would be something for us to at least hang our hats on. But overall trajectory wise if Bryce's ceiling is somehow Cousins I'd still be drafting another QB to develop behind him as insurance. Kirk has never legitimately competed for a title. Regular season stat padding sure but that's it.

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'm no Cousins fan but you do make a valid point. Production wise that would be something for us to at least hang our hats on. But overall trajectory wise if Bryce's ceiling is somehow Cousins I'd still be drafting another QB to develop behind him as insurance. Kirk has never legitimately competed for a title. Regular season stat padding sure but that's it.

Id 1000% take Cousins career for young without blinking. 

Im no fan either, but people just don't know about cousins. Over the last 5 seasons, he's also 4th in completion percentage, 3rd in TD% and has the 6th lowest INT%, and 2nd in passer rating(behind only Rodgers and ahead of Mahomes. He's top five in wins too. 

Just look at his career, its legit

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CousKi00.htm

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2

33 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Couz with Pitts, Landon, and 2 top 10 RBs. Paired with a average OL they should score easy most games. 

Check out couzs stats over the last five years, he's top 5 in many of them. He does struggle in the playoffs tho. 

Cousins is the best player in that group mentioned. Bijan is the only other one that is even good. Pitts and Landon are still riding their college hype. They haven’t been good in the NFL. Not bad, but no teams are scared of them.  I’ve seen lots of media hype about them, resulting in fans repeating that hype, but they’re just average. 

I could see Cousins making the offense a little better but I’d still be surprised if they win the NFCS, much less a playoff game. 

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Id 1000% take Cousins career for young without blinking. 

Im no fan either, but people just don't know about cousins. Over the last 5 seasons, he's also 4th in completion percentage, 3rd in TD% and has the 6th lowest INT%, and 2nd in passer rating(behind only Rodgers and ahead of Mahomes. He's top five in wins too. 

Just look at his career, its legit

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CousKi00.htm

Numbers aren't the issue he's been very good in the regular season it's the lack of championship mentality. That throw short of the sticks in his last playoff game on 4th down was the summary of his postseason career. Vikings said peace. Don't blame them one bit.

But again certainly any of us would take those numbers for BY over the worst starting QB in the league. That kind of a jump doesn't seem possible though as another poster has laid out the framework for what it would look like if Bryce made that high of a jump in one season. It would be one of if not the most improbable immediate career turnarounds in the history of the league probably .

• Beer 1

59 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Atlanta has gone all in to win the division and they better. If not things may get ugly down there.

I was in Canada's Wonderland two weeks ago and saw a couple rocking Bucs gear in the queue to ride Leviathan

Decided not to speak to them

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Lol, we aren't trading for judon when we are (if lucky) 3 years from being relevant. I'd rather see the falcons go all in, crash and burn, and be us in a few years

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, t96 said:

There is zero chance they are the 1 seed above teams like the 49ers, Lions, Eagles, even Cowboys. It’s the fuging Falcons lol. Terrible HC hire too

Yep, that's a tough slot of teams there. In all honesty, if there is a time we had to suck, now isn't the worst with SF, Dallas, and Philly pretty much needing to be all in the next couple of years 

3 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Sorry im coming in late but how do the Falcons look this season? Is Roddy White and Algae Crumpler looking decent in camp so far? I cant stand Matt Ryan, I hope we shut his ass down!

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

I heard they're passing out braided belts at the home opener. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1