• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Jets Joint Practice Thread: HOT Take Edition

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What about zavala?

Hamstring. Could be significant but was doing well in camp.

Paraphrasing Canales.

HOT TAKE: He wasn't doing too bad when compared to what he put on the field last season.

• Pie 1

A big thank you to all the contributions to this fine thread. It was my first time passing out flames instead of pie. It was fun. 

I do wish the coach would have just said he spoke with TMJ about the "football throw" in public. If he wanted to be critical of the player maybe do that in private. Hey coach, that was a dumb move on your part. Well, we all have our opinions.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 6
  • Poo 1

21 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Bryce Young slings a 30ish yard out route throw to Johnny Mingo to sideline. Mingo beat DJ Reed by a couple steps for the big gain in 11s.

-Mike Kaye

Again, that’s a corner route 

If you seriously don’t know a corner from an out then good lord 

Clearly Kaye doesn’t know either but luckily there’s a video of it so I’m not sure why you’re still quoting him 

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Again, that’s a corner route 

If you seriously don’t know a corner from an out then good lord 

Clearly Kaye doesn’t know either but luckily there’s a video of it so I’m not sure why you’re still quoting him 

I'm just replaying to what is being reported by the people there.  I'm sorry if that bothers you.  

Bryce wrapping up today

• Thought it was a really good day. Got to compete against the Jets defense and see some new guys. Felt that they did some good stuff and that there was stuff to learn from.
  • Liked how competitive the team was and how they responded. They started strong as a unit, went through a lull, and responded to it. If there's two or three bad drives in a season they want to make sure they can rebound from that in finish. Gotta clean up some procedural stuff, clean up some reads that he made and make them quicker. He's got a snapshot in his mind but will get a better idea when he sees the film, so he can't point out specific situations until he's done that.
  • Getting prolonged 1v1s with different looks is good for everyone. They weren't working on super complex things today, but they have different calls and preseason plans that they're doing before it gets into the regular season. Get to show things that you don't otherwise explore often in season, so this was a great opportunity. Preseason is vanilla.
  • TMJ had a great practice, wasn't surprised at all. Made the most of some opportunities which is what Bryce sees and expects. TMJ was competitive and rose to the occasion with plays they know that he can make. Was great.
  • Never thought about what would have happened had he sat last year, he's grateful for his experience. There's what-ifs for any scenario so he just focuses on what happens rather than what can. Can get a ton out of talking and reviewing, but you can't replicate being able to play. Excited to keep building and that as a team they all have that same attitude.
  • Everyone has that edge that they want to go out and compete, but the understand the moderation/balance required which he is grateful for.
  • "It's football" re: fights today. Guys are fighting for spots, to elevate their teams, themselves, etc throughout camp. Have a ton of respect for the Jets and stuff just boils over sometimes. Were able to dap up afterwards and show love. Not what is wanted of course nor what's planned, but stuff happens and it stays there because it's important for them to move on.
  • Talk football stuff with his teammates, let the coaches handle discipline re: TMJ.
  • Doesn't know if he's playing on Saturday. Backs the coaches 100% on their decision.
  • Taught to go through all of their progressions, stay on their timeclock, but some times things break down. Play they executed in the redzone was designed to be outside of the pocket. Tough for a defense to guard one concept and it changes to something else. Tries to do everything that he can to extend stuff and get a positive play out of it. Make sure they're still able to play sound football when able to.
  • Hunt was able to comeback which was great. Hasn't talked to Chuba since but hopes for good news. Wants guys on both sides are good and no long term injuries resulting from the joint sessions.
  • Biggest change from last season is being more comfortable, having more of a feel/experience. Also leaning into the system. Nothing about last year, but this system has some great stuff and great guys to that the scheme does a great job getting the ball into their hands.
  • Doesn't think about last year because it's not applicable, but has done that with every year. Doesn't compare to last year, every year is a new year in football. Have to be able to go hit a reset and focus on what coaches are saying.
  • Have had great fan support throughout camp which they feed off of. Having that support means a lot and pushes them to be better. Felt there was a lot of juice today and they want to build off of it. It's one day in August for them to build off of.

Practice done!!! Team is off tomorrow and then plays Saturday @ 7pm!

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cap Thats Cap GIF - Cap Thats Cap Eyeglasses - Discover & Share GIFs

it's funny how these dudes think a fanbase that has been through the Rhule and Frank eras can't sniff out bologna.  Might as well just man up and say your plan.  Not really blaming Bryce there, that's Canales. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1