• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Jets Joint Practice Thread: HOT Take Edition

14 minutes ago, csx said:

Poor performance in preseason was an indicator of a poor team. It didn't cause the team to be bad 

Exactly. Us playing more starters wouldn’t have made us better either. That would imply we would get better as the season progressed which was not the case. 

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I hear what you are saying, but what if I told you preseason had little to do with that.  It was more on our staff, OL injuries/terrible play, no weapons, bad QB play, play callers changing back and forth, a toxic environment with members of the staff going behind each others backs, a HC getting fired during the season, plus MANY other factors than not playing in preseason.

Playing our starters during preseason wouldn't have magically made us a better team last year.  We were a complete poo show regardless.  It's why we looked as bad in week 17 and 18 as we did in week 1.  The reps didn't do much...

When you don't prepare properly you're probably going to be unprepared.

We'll see how it goes this year.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Patrick Mahomes is playing again this weekend.  Plan appears to be for a half.  Might was well just pay attention to the folks that matter in the end. 

Josh Allen is playing a quarter + this weekend. 

Old DG said on a show that 17 starting QBs didn't play PS week 1. (Im surprised)

I still don't care, young is the player that most needs reps. 2-15 teams that should have been 0-17 need reps. Team been playing soft for years, who cares about the weak injuried players. Get some players that can last longer a series or two, PS is easy as its ever been. Hell that don't even put on pads but 16 times around games these days. fuging W-E-A-K BS. 

Even a couple series would be better than zero. Let's not forgot get dave has never called a game with young as his QB.......not to mention he's only got 1 year calling, he needs REPs, live reps with starters as well. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When you don't prepare properly you're probably going to be unprepared.

We'll see how it goes this year.

We weren’t any more prepared week 18 than we were week 1. Last year was a poo show preseason or not. 

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Old DG said on a show that 17 starting QBs didn't play PS week 1. (Im surprised)

I still don't care, young is the player that most needs reps. 2-15 teams that should have been 0-17 need reps. Team been playing soft for years, who cares about the weak injuried players. Get some players that can last longer a series or two, PS is easy as its ever been. Hell that don't even put on pads but 16 times around games these days. fuging W-E-A-K BS. 

Even a couple series would be better than zero. Let's not forgot get dave has never called a game with young as his QB.......not to mention he's only got 1 year calling, he needs REPs, live reps with starters as well. 

I think I posted that earlier today. It was the Adam Gold show I think. Anyway, I agree about not caring what other teams are doing. The Panthers need the reps and experience.

• Pie 2

Regardless of what different people think is the better preseason path the Panthers have set the wheels in motion and raised the stakes by operating as if they are ahead of the curve. If they look unprepared and inept in week 1 the criticism will only be more pronounced. Not playing well at minimum is simply not an option.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

We weren’t any more prepared week 18 than we were week 1. Last year was a poo show preseason or not. 

Calling a season a poo show before you even step on the field for even a pre season game is extremely reaching even for a team that was bad the year before. You dont know anything completely until you lineup against an opposing team.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

14 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Calling a season a poo show before you even step on the field for even a pre season game is extremely reaching even for a team that was bad the year before. You dont know anything completely until you lineup against an opposing team.

giphy.gif

57 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

We know now that last year was a poo show. That has happened. Playing more starters in the preseason would not have changed that. So when people say look at last year it’s a moot point. Preseason didn’t cause us to suck. We sucked all year long with 17 games worth of live regular season reps. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't be surprised if it looks like a repeat is all I'm saying 

I mean yeah we probably aren’t going to be great this year. We can give the starters more reps in the preseason, but we have a talent issue compared to most other rosters and that can’t really change in the immediate future.