• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Jets Joint Practice Thread: HOT Take Edition

52 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Bryce looked great, OL looked very good, Corbett had a good day and put a lot of us at ease for now, TMJ looked like a second round potential, Chubba got hurt hopefully not serious, nobody knows where the fug Igo is and why he’s let this place degrade so bad, defense got carved up a bit but tightened up nicely in red zone and forced multiple turnovers. Trevin Wallace could be a steal in the draft, JT got shook up but think he’s okay, Hunt got carted off but came back and kept playing, Zavala out a few weeks. Not much pressure from DL besides a few wow plays from D. Brown but Clowney did not play so kinda expected. 

That was a great update and synopsis! Thank you!

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Beer 4

45 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah just an odd time for Canales to go from rainbows and candy to borderline calling a player dumb. I'm sure he'll have some bumps trying to balance his vibe/messaging. At least the players seem like they are more motivated than the last few years

Just my opinion : It sounded like he was stressing celebrating and talking poo with your teammates is the right way to go about it, rather then throw the ball or just go something to get a flag thrown. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

Just my opinion : It sounded like he was stressing celebrating and talking poo with your teammates is the right way to go about it, rather then throw the ball or just go something to get a flag thrown. 

Yes of course, he just didn't use the greatest wording in my opinion. He cleaned it up, and didn't use a DBO sign or just sink his head in despair like the last two coaches were prone to do. I actually want to see more of that side of Canales once he gets more comfortable in the HC role and gets a little criticism from fellow coaches on how to handle these types of things

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, CRA said:

If you want  argue wearing a red jersey and not be able to be touched, where defenders can’t actually fully pressure and impact a QB and play….and where a QB can get the ball out on dead plays essentially….is the same a legit preseason game with live fire? Have at it.   Maybe Tepper will hire you next.  

to date, this OL has never blocked a single down where Bryce was at risk and they all our playing by someone new…and Bryce hasn’t thrown a pass since last year under fear of actually being smashed.  Given how bad we are….my unqualified opinion is he probably needs it.   

the but a Panther said X behind a microphone so it must be true defense has proven for years to be joke.  

I’m trusting the guys lacing them up over crazies on a message board every time. I don’t even think you’re one of the crazies, but it is crazy to think you know better than Bryce on which reps are better for him. 

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, BeenPounding said:

This was much better than last year's joint practices and pre-season.  The coaching staff is much improved and there is a competitive attitude on the team rather than "hunger games" environment like last year.

last year's joint practice was super hyped around here if I am not mistaken...at the time. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m trusting the guys lacing them up over crazies on a message board every time. I don’t even think you’re one of the crazies, but it is crazy to think you know better than Bryce on which reps are better for him. 

I mean, I acknowledge there are pros to everything.  Including the scrimmage.  Which is what he was fixating on. The WHY he was highlighting that narrative IMO is because he knows the plan for himself....so he is going to sell THAT what they are doing as best. 

Players, coaches, front office, etc....they all get up there and BS and spin. They all do it.  Every single year.  It's no big deal.  

Bryce is going to sell that whatever they are doing is the best plan.  That's literally what he is supposed to do when he gets on a mic.  Even if he 1000% disagreed.  I just think people have put way too much stock in what Panthers say at a podium when it doesn't pass the smell test.  Recent history says if it doesn't smell right, it's probably not right. 

It sure seems the O is pretty far behind.  I assume Canales is trying to best manage that aspect right now.  Frank basically was confronted with the same issue last year.  We heared a lot of BS from everyone then too. 

I think you need to get a bad group in real action ASAP.  I want them to take as many lumps as they can before it actually matters.  Too uch new for Canales to be slow playing rolling out this O. 

and I'm not treating these folks any different than I have the past several seasons.  To me, it's all pretty much the same thing on repeat until proven otherwise.  I still see a lot of similarities to recent years. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Icege said:

Oh wow. I didn't realize Solomon Thomas and Javon Kinlaw were both now with the Jets.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

When Williams gets back that DL is going to be scary.

It's all up to A A Ron.  Thats a good roster.

Hot take:  Jersey Mike's Philly is not good enough to warrant the paint peeling farts in the hours after eating it.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Beer 1

52 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

At this point thinks gotta work out extremely well cuz if not

https://x.com/NFLNotify/status/1824437446945411228?t=MW7aptrb1GyFXav3HTRKbw&s=19

What a stupid tweet. You could literally do that with every team in the league. They all pass up on good players and make trades that don't work. Working OT to fuel the hate. 

• Beer 2

57 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

At this point thinks gotta work out extremely well cuz if not

https://x.com/NFLNotify/status/1824437446945411228?t=MW7aptrb1GyFXav3HTRKbw&s=19

This take implies that without Bryce at QB, plus our first and 2nd from 2023, plus DJ Moore, that we would still finish last in order to get Caleb.  It's why hindsight like this doesn't really work.  Regardless at the end of the day we can't change the trade, just hope it works out or move on next year.  

• Pie 3