• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Jets Joint Practice Thread: HOT Take Edition

3 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Too much flirting in this thread to read all 36 pages. How did practice go today? Sounds like they look better than last year when we practiced with them possibly?

Depends on who you ask. But judging from the reports they looked like a professional team today. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Too much flirting in this thread to read all 36 pages. How did practice go today? Sounds like they look better than last year when we practiced with them possibly?

Yes. Definitely better than last year. At the same time that shouldn't be too much to ask. Lol

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

So the answer is no. Got it. Proceed with your unqualified opinions. 

If you want  argue wearing a red jersey and not be able to be touched, where defenders can’t actually fully pressure and impact a QB and play….and where a QB can get the ball out on dead plays essentially….is the same a legit preseason game with live fire? Have at it.   Maybe Tepper will hire you next.  

to date, this OL has never blocked a single down where Bryce was at risk and they all our playing by someone new…and Bryce hasn’t thrown a pass since last year under fear of actually being smashed.  Given how bad we are….my unqualified opinion is he probably needs it.   

the but a Panther said X behind a microphone so it must be true defense has proven for years to be joke.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Yeah. A lot of it looked pretty easy today. I shouldn’t say a lot, just a lot of what I looked at which wasn’t a ton.

It is a positive step and nothing wrong with enjoying a bit of hope.

At the same time... yeah it was still practice for the QBs it looked like. But much better that than a bad performance. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Bryce looked great, OL looked very good, Corbett had a good day and put a lot of us at ease for now, TMJ looked like a second round potential, Chubba got hurt hopefully not serious, nobody knows where the fug Igo is and why he’s let this place degrade so bad, defense got carved up a bit but tightened up nicely in red zone and forced multiple turnovers. Trevin Wallace could be a steal in the draft, JT got shook up but think he’s okay, Hunt got carted off but came back and kept playing, Zavala out a few weeks. Not much pressure from DL besides a few wow plays from D. Brown but Clowney did not play so kinda expected. 

Edited by jb2288
  • Pie 6
  • Flames 2

37 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

This was much better than last year's joint practices and pre-season.  The coaching staff is much improved and there is a competitive attitude on the team rather than "hunger games" environment like last year.

I get that Canales had to say something about TMJ's ball flick but I don't think the actual players have seemed that internally motivated in years. Of course don't do it in a real game but I'd take an occasional penalty over everyone seeming completely apathetic. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I get that Canales had to say something about TMJ's ball flick but I don't think the actual players have seemed that internally motivated in years. Of course don't do it in a real game but I'd take an occasional penalty over everyone seeming completely apathetic. 

He probably should have just said he talked with TMJ privately about it.  He kinda called him out.  It's tough, but I was more encouraged by TMJ's energy than I was disappointed in his actions.  Last week he was cutting up while dropping passes on the sideline.  Now he's catching a TD and throwing the ball at the DB lol.  I'll take the latter please.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He probably should have just said he talked with TMJ privately about it.  He kinda called him out.  It's tough, but I was more encouraged by TMJ's energy than I was disappointed in his actions.  Last week he was cutting up while dropping passes on the sideline.  Now he's catching a TD and throwing the ball at the DB lol.  I'll take the latter please.

Yeah just an odd time for Canales to go from rainbows and candy to borderline calling a player dumb. I'm sure he'll have some bumps trying to balance his vibe/messaging. At least the players seem like they are more motivated than the last few years

• Pie 1