• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Jets Joint Practice Thread: HOT Take Edition

6 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Hopefully our offense can build on this.  We were missing our best weapon in Johnson on offense as well.  Still not an actual game, but hopefully it will build some confidence.

Sounds like it went about as well as it could have. Would have been fun to see. I don’t get much from the twitter videos.

I didn’t see any of last year’s. I had a different idea of what it would be compared to what I saw. 

I thought they’d like, each run their drills and stuff to get loose, maybe go over what they wanted to focus on, and play.  With regular rules except don’t hit the QB. I guess that’s not what it was. 

This is an important part of building your team though. Gauging yourself against another team.

It was way better than if it sucked, but they still aren’t really playing football so it is enjoy but take it with a grain of salt. Story is just starting 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

Even though this has absolutely nothing to do with my argument, I’ll play this game with you. We’re not supposed to compare ourselves to good teams, so how about we compare two good teams to each other? Sean McVay has won a Super Bowl and been to the playoffs 5 of his 7 seasons - he’s a hell of a lot more accomplished than DeMeco Ryans.  He doesn’t play his starters in preseason. So what conclusion am I to draw from that? Is McVay therefore correct and DeMeco is wrong? See how dumb and pointless this argument is?

Why don't we just spare each the rabble rousing and just define our positions so we can move on?

I want the Panthers and specifically this third coaching staff in three years to prove to me that this is the path before I buy in like I'm being sold a timeshare by some huckster I just met.

You believe it's the correct call because you think that's what a good fan should do or you just believe it in your gut or because Dave Canales has such a strong jawline and powerful charisma and charm that he just couldn't possibly be wrong about this.

In the end my preference is for you to be proven right because that means we are actually moving in a good direction for a change.

Differing opinions are good. We both want the same result anyway.

Settled? Cool.

I think those people complaining about playing vs. resting starters stems from a combination of two things: 

1) impatience and desire from a fan standpoint to watch our guys play. This one I understand and relate with - I’ve been without real Panthers football for 7 months and would much rather see the starters out there and I’m super curious to see how they look in a game situation.

2) simply sheer resentment for the team. I get it and I can understand why fans are resentful after how awful we’ve been. But resentment leads to irrational behavior. You ever experience a growing resentment towards someone? All of a sudden the way they breathe, the way they walk, a simple question they ask you, just occupying the same space can be extremely irritating. It’s not a rational emotion to be triggered by anything and everything someone does. That’s what it comes across as, when some of you attack everything no matter how trivial it is. Yes I agree we’re awful, so that seems like more the reason to save our energy complaining about things that matter…?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Trying to perform a psychological analysis on someone online over a difference of opinion regarding approach to preseason of all things is probably a pretty good indicator that you are as much a part of the perceived problem as the others that you claim are hindering dialogue so much.

• Beer 3

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Why don't we just spare each the rabble rousing and just define our positions so we can move on?

I want the Panthers and specifically this third coaching staff in three years to prove to me that this is the path before I buy in like I'm being sold a timeshare by some huckster I just met.

You believe it's the correct call because you think that's what a good fan should do or you just believe it in your gut or because Dave Canales has such a strong jawline and powerful charisma and charm that he just couldn't possibly be wrong about this.

In the end my preference is for you to be proven right because that means we are actually moving in a good direction for a change.

Differing opinions are good. We both want the same result anyway.

Settled? Cool.

“Let’s define our positions so we can move on” - then you proceed to define my position for me, in the most absurd and cartoonish way possible. I think everyone understands my position except you for some reason. You already misstate my position in the first six words (hint: I don’t think there’s a “correct” call one way or the other) and then from there you venture into some weird fanfic territory. You don’t come across as someone wanting to have a productive discussion, which is something I appreciate about someone like @strato who I’m sure agrees with you on 95% of your opinions but can engage with the substance instead of the weird performative posturing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

Trying to perform a psychological analysis on someone online over a difference of opinion regarding approach to preseason of all things is probably a pretty good indicator that you are as much a part of the perceived problem as the others that you claim are hindering dialogue so much.

Almost like I’m giving my opinion…that tends to be what you’re giving when you start something off with “I think”. Bro, you trying to hinder my dialogue?? Attacking my opinion during a criticism about allowing differences of opinion is next level irony.

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

“Let’s define our positions so we can move on” - then you proceed to define my position for me, in the most absurd and cartoonish way possible. I think everyone understands my position except you for some reason. You already misstate my position in the first six words (hint: I don’t think there’s a “correct” call one way or the other) and then from there you venture into some weird fanfic territory. You don’t come across as someone wanting to have a productive discussion, which is something I appreciate about someone like @strato who I’m sure agrees with you on 95% of your opinions but can engage with the substance instead of the weird performative posturing.

Nobody here knows what's going to happen.

It's interesting you complain about the way I presented your position as if there is some fascinating and deep reasoning you're holding onto in your back pocket and then refuse to provide anything other than speculation same as me.

You can have the last word. Been good chatting with you.

31 minutes ago, strato said:

Sounds like it went about as well as it could have. Would have been fun to see. I don’t get much from the twitter videos.

I didn’t see any of last year’s. I had a different idea of what it would be compared to what I saw. 

I thought they’d like, each run their drills and stuff to get loose, maybe go over what they wanted to focus on, and play.  With regular rules except don’t hit the QB. I guess that’s not what it was. 

This is an important part of building your team though. Gauging yourself against another team.

It was way better than if it sucked, but they still aren’t really playing football so it is enjoy but take it with a grain of salt. Story is just starting 

I think last year their DL crushed our OL, but they didn’t have Williams on the field this year which is a huge difference. We were missing one of our new guards and when the other went out, it sounds like it got ugly. Which is kind of why I understand limiting the starters on this particular team, but again I’m not sure there is a “right” way to do this. Just start getting some wins and we will care less about practice and preseason I suppose. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Nobody here knows what's going to happen.

It's interesting you complain about the way I presented your position as if there is some fascinating and deep reasoning you're holding onto in your back pocket and then refuse to provide anything other than speculation same as me.

You can have the last word. Been good chatting with you.

Word.

Thank you MA. I do agree with Frank on a lot. That is true. 

The thing is, we, he and I, will disagree on something else. Drafting, Darnold, come to mind. 

This whole thing has been Bryce Young centric for a year and a half with a bunch of draft bitching and coaching bitching on the side. And owner but that isn’t a very divisive conversation. 

There are people here that disagree with me on Young but we are aligned on another player, or plan. 

I had an negative interaction, where it was a misunderstanding probably, but I read a couple of the dudes posts in other threads and there wasn’t anything there for me to take issue with we were pretty similar in our assessment of stuff. Sigh... 

We’ll keep it mostly civil

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, strato said:

I shared one in another thread below you might like 

young getting his hips turned and throwing deeper for TDs

my favorite though Ickey totally pancaking a guy …IN PASS PROTECTION 

couple of good pass breakups by the D

• Pie 2

Thank you, I saw that I bet, the guy kept saying ‘let’s keep going’?

Don’t tease me with Icky.  

It sounds like he looks like a different player, mechanically. Which he for sure needed to do. If he really has done that to the point it sticks... that’s very good. 

The couple things I have seen on video this camp did not show me that hitch or skip thing that really is trouble. Let’s say it that way. I need to look a few times but I saw it right away aa year ago. And before the draft. If it is still there I’ll have to look harder to see it. Because I haven’t. I’ll go compare for my own satisfaction, at some point. 

So that is very very much better.

Enjoy, but with the realization that if he reworked his mechanics (Which, THANK YOU),  it won’t qualify as 100% repeatable until he gets in a do or die and does not revert to the old comfort zone. So we have that river still to cross. That is the big one, in that particular quest.

Peace

4 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

If there was any post in the last 6 months that deserved poo, its this guy's.  But I will say, one poo is one less fire emoji I can react with.  So I refuse to waste my ammunition.

Hot take: Ben and Jerry's ice cream sucks compared to Haagen Dazs

Oh look yall are actually a throuple. How does that work, is it a tag team type of deal or you just watch mostly?