• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield and darnold

Never understood the Darnold hate.

I told you guys we should have stuck with the Darnold/Wilks QB/HC combo. That's literally the only time we had a positive thing going with the team. Tepper said no thank you to both.

We would still have Moore btw and possibly another weapon on offense with that draft pick.

Fug you Tepper!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I told you guys we should have stuck with the Darnold/Wilks QB/HC combo. That's literally the only time we had a positive thing going with the team. Tepper said no thank you to both.

We would still have Moore btw and possibly another weapon on offense with that draft pick.

Fug you Tepper!

I was 100% there. A lot of the people I agreed with on Young, disagree strongly with that Darnold eval.

Let's see how he does this year, but there was no doubt for me that we would have been far better off not doing all that 2023 crap. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Captroop said:

I see that lineup and it literally turns my stomach. No joke, that's a playoff caliber offense.

I said earlier in this thread, the entire cause of our downfall is the spectacularly erroneous thinking that we needed a "Franchise QB" NOW NOW NOW!!! I hated the idea of trading up. I hated the idea of trading up to #1 more. And I hated the idea of trading up to #1 for Bryce Young most of all.

If we could have endured a couple more seasons for 6-11, 7-10 seasons, look where we'd be today.

But the prevailing thought leading in to the 2023 draft was "I can't handle mediocrity one day more! No more middling seasons. We need to take a big shot at QB NOW!"

Well y'all bitches shouldn't have been holding the goddamn monkey's paw when you made that wish, because it came true. We took a big swing at a franchise QB, and we won't be mediocre for a very long time.

You’d be at 7-10, 8-9 with that lineup. All the panthers had to do was pick Stroud or AR. Stroud was a no brainer pick. 

I would’ve let go of Burns instead of DJ

Edited by AggieLean
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, jtm said:

I think you have to give Young the whole year unless he completely loses his confidence.  If this happens, we are moving on from him anyway so why does it really matter.  I think the #1 pick is going to be between the Panthers and Giants.  

I'd say 8 games is more than fair to him. Right now, it is 8 too many but that is me being pissed off.

That is likely four games with the new RB and the rookie TE gets a few more games to adjust, the OL should be on the same page..... if he isn't much better I see no point in continuing the shitshow, other than to allow him to help us to the top pick.

20 hours ago, strato said:

I'd say 8 games is more than fair to him. Right now, it is 8 too many but that is me being pissed off.

That is likely four games with the new RB and the rookie TE gets a few more games to adjust, the OL should be on the same page..... if he isn't much better I see no point in continuing the shitshow, other than to allow him to help us to the top pick.

I don't disagree but if Dalton is playing then we are picking a new QB next year anyway and I'd rather keep losing so we can get the #1 pick. 

All of us are furious because sports should be enjoyable and nothing about the Panthers has been enjoyable for a long time.  I watched the lowest amount of football I've ever watched in my life last year and I might take the same approach this year depending on the next couple of weekends.  

• Beer 2

Just now, jtm said:

I don't disagree but if Dalton is playing then we are picking a new QB next year anyway and I'd rather keep losing so we can get the #1 pick. 

All of us are furious because sports should be enjoyable and nothing about the Panthers has been enjoyable for a long time.  I watched the lowest amount of football I've ever watched in my life last year and I might take the same approach this year depending on the next couple of weekends.  

It seems like the choice is, keep Bryce and hate watching ball but we get a high end replacement.

Or get Bryce out and get more watchable ball but short ourselves on the replacement? 

I suppose he could find himself a roid doctor or something.

8 minutes ago, strato said:

It seems like the choice is, keep Bryce and hate watching ball but we get a high end replacement.

Or get Bryce out and get more watchable ball but short ourselves on the replacement? 

I suppose he could find himself a roid doctor or something.

Sadly, I think this is it.  This gets back to everyone's issue with Tepper because I would bet a lot of money that the coaches would prefer to win and Dalton give us the best chance to win at the moment, but Tepper isn't going to have this.  In Tepper's defense, I don't think many owners would be any different in the 2nd year of a rookie QB that they went all in with.  

23 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Fug you Tepper!

I gotta be honest. Bryce Young's overall demeanor and vibe has me longing for even Sam Darnold at this point. It's that bad.

But really though. All we had to do was stay put and draft Levis. He has way more upside than Darnold and we still would have kept Moore.

This all goes back to Tepper needing to be the center of attention. Before the trade up most of us thought it would never happen but in the event it did I would estimate 90% of the people entertaining the notion wanted us to select Stroud. I cannot understate the fact that some people here on the huddle could have made better personnel decisions than the people in our organization at the time.

• Beer 1