• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield and darnold

Darnold & Mayfield are average NFL starters. Panthers gave up too much for both & had to move on because they are place holders. Tepper was sold on Young being a championship level QB.

There were a group of us that knew better, but people are just going to chase the fantasy. Having a long term QB strategy would have been better than throwing draft picks at the wall & hoping something would stick.

39 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I didnt watch the game, but in the highlights it seemed having JJ helped....

KOC is a good coach as well.

I could not help but think, if only the panthers had some real good coaches when all the QB turnover was happening......darnold could have been good enough if the coaching was on point. People can say darnold always plays good a few and then fails, idk....the jets and panthers never gave him a chance by the looks. SF had a legit QB already starting and knew the system. Darnold could pull a geno. 

Matt Rhule and his staff were trash.  He made Baker looked like a third string QB. 

• Beer 4

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Matt Rhule and his staff were trash.  He made Baker looked like a third string QB. 

Rhule was such dogsh*t.  Baker looked alright that first game too, and then the reailty of Rhule set in and we set him free before a free-fall.  Played immediately better on the Rams for McVay.  

We cycled through QBs that were fine for now (and maybe 2-3 years) when the team needed to be built.  Then claimed we had a well-constructed team that simply overperformed with Wilks to just sit and go all in on a terrible QB. 

Total failure.  

Never forget, we gave the Bears what became Caleb Williams QB, DJ Moore WR (top-10 WR), Darnell Wright OT (stud), Tyrique Stevenson CB (stud/who I wanted at 39), their starting punter Tory Taylor, and what looks like pick 33 next year lol.  

For Bryce f*cking Young.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

IMO: We should have kept Darnold. This would have been our offense today: 

• QB- Darnold
  • RB- CMC
  • WR- DJ Moore, Dionte Johnson, Theilen
  • TE- Tommy, Johnson
  • OL- Current. 

We would have also kept all of our assets on defense and draft capital, keep in mind worst case scenario, this is what the offense would look like. I think we all agree, we would be excited with this team. 

Edited by Chad_Cota
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Chad_Cota said:

• QB- Darnold
  • RB- CMC
  • TE- Tommy, Johnson
  • OL- Current. 

We would have also kept all of our assets on defense and draft capital, keep in mind worst case scenario, this is what the offense would look like. I think we all agree, we would be excited with this team. 

I see that lineup and it literally turns my stomach. No joke, that's a playoff caliber offense.

I said earlier in this thread, the entire cause of our downfall is the spectacularly erroneous thinking that we needed a "Franchise QB" NOW NOW NOW!!! I hated the idea of trading up. I hated the idea of trading up to #1 more. And I hated the idea of trading up to #1 for Bryce Young most of all.

If we could have endured a couple more seasons for 6-11, 7-10 seasons, look where we'd be today.

But the prevailing thought leading in to the 2023 draft was "I can't handle mediocrity one day more! No more middling seasons. We need to take a big shot at QB NOW!"

Well y'all bitches shouldn't have been holding the goddamn monkey's paw when you made that wish, because it came true. We took a big swing at a franchise QB, and we won't be mediocre for a very long time.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Chad_Cota said:

• QB- Darnold
  • RB- CMC
  • TE- Tommy, Johnson
  • OL- Current. 

Swap Darnold for Baker and I’d like it better. When both of them are on good teams Bakers ceiling is higher. Either would’ve been a better option than Bryce aka Debarge ha

• Beer 1

Sports are just as much mental as physical and especially at the QB position.  I think Canales repaired Mayfield mentally and now he's balling out.  He balled out his first year or two in the league, so the talent is there.  I'm not there on Darnold and I need to see much more than one game.  

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Bryce Young is the worst QB we have ever had , it's not even close 

He can't throw , he can't run , he is a zero threat QB 

Andy Dalton should start , he has led a team to the playoffs, he isn't a starter anymore , but he's better than Bryce 

I think you have to give Young the whole year unless he completely loses his confidence.  If this happens, we are moving on from him anyway so why does it really matter.  I think the #1 pick is going to be between the Panthers and Giants.