• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield and darnold

Seeing alot of hype around both of them this year....never would have guessed the qbs panthers got rid of would be succeeding while the qb they traded everything to get is historically bad.  Crazy to think about. Another ex panther kyleallen is expected to be a fa soon....

• Poo 6

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Succeeding?

Bro Baker won a bad division and lucked into the playoffs beating an Eagles team who were playing some of the worst football at the end of the season. These dudes aren't going to be a factor this year. 

I agree, but they’ll be more of a factor than us lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Succeeding?

Bro Baker won a bad division and lucked into the playoffs beating a Eagles team who were playing some of the worst football at the end of the season. These dudes aren't going to be a factor this year. 

Meant more doing alot better than they did with the panthers and doing better at qb than young unless he makes giant leaps this year

• Beer 1

Darnold has once again proven that shoving a rabbit's foot up your own asshole is a valid employment strategy.

The Vikings are fuged. Hard.

As for Mayfield, he has always been an "above average ceiling" guy. It's completely a matter of his circumstances allowing that limited ceiling to happen.

• Flames 2
  • Poo 1

36 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Darnold has once again proven that shoving a rabbit's foot up your own asshole is a valid employment strategy.

The Vikings are fuged. Hard.

As for Mayfield, he has always been an "above average ceiling" guy. It's completely a matter of his circumstances allowing that limited ceiling to happen.

Does that work....? Asking for a friend as I search my dresser drawer for an old rabbits foot and some vasoline

Vaseline Hml407 GIF by truTV’s Hack My Life

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

I’m the dumbass that sees something in Darnold. I stayed far away inn 2020 and 2021, thought I could give it up (so I didn’t see things like y’all did) 

Did not like Tepper’s style at all, and there were other reasons too, but Tepper cinched it. 

But I grew up with it. Slowly sucked back in. Man, it has gotten SO much worse. 

Edited by strato

1 minute ago, strato said:

I’m the dumbass that sees something in Darnold.

I mean, he meets all the physical requirements.  He's pretty athletic.  Big arm, can move around in the pocket.   Can be pretty accurate.

He just doesn't have it between the ears.  He's very prone to panicking when under pressure.  He doesn't play with enough confidence.  One mistake can easily send him spiraling out of control.

• Pie 5

I’m a sucker for tools in a QB. And protoypical size. He might get a real chance, I don’t think he was in any good situations.  2022 was a clusterfug with Mayfield coming in. 

Not Mayfield is a guy I didn’t believe in. But he showed some good I didn’t see. 

Not THAT much good, but I respect him more than I did for sure. 

Edited by strato

Mayfield is a decent not great qb, who had far and away his worst stretch of NFL football with us.  Cleveland and Tampa both won games with him, we looked horrid with him.  That says something about our team and staff that were around him.  

As far as Darnold, he has always been a guy who looks good most of the time, but makes critical mistakes that cost his team the game.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Baker's worst enemy was his ego until this team destroyed it. An OC should be able to work with him to be in a playoff hunt, not a real contender but a playoff appearance should be doable with his talent. Some good, some bad and some meh.

Darnold is the kind of #2 his team should pray he doesn't ever have to play. He won't last long in Minnesota as a starter, he just never developed the mental side of his game. He looks like a sacrificail lamb to buy time IMO. If they are serious up there then it's going to be a real poo show.

• Pie 3

Darnold has every tool needed to succeed, except the calm and critical decision making. He’s a big guy who moves relatively well and can make every throw with decent accuracy. I still think he could make one hell of a system QB with a TE who is always open. With his arm, his dump off is a 20 yd laser to a TE. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Mayfield is a decent not great qb, who had far and away his worst stretch of NFL football with us.  Cleveland and Tampa both won games with him, we looked horrid with him.  That says something about our team and staff that were around him.  

As far as Darnold, he has always been a guy who looks good most of the time, but makes critical mistakes that cost his team the game.

Darnold has about 10-20% wow plays but the rest of the game he is missing reads, holding onto the ball too long and making absolutely crippling decisions. 

If Bryce was pitched as a supercomputer, Darnold is a calculator watch. The disparity between his brain and his athletic ability is one of the biggest I have ever seen.

• Pie 2