• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

NAS

2 minutes ago, strato said:

I didn't have the sense that most people didn't want him. I caught so much poo for saying it, maybe it was the vocal minority.  Doubt him in writing and wince at the replies ha ha. The tide took a long time to turn on that. 

Now that he is widely panned, I am still arguing out of habit. In my defense I have been arguing a year and a half.

I realize that is the case and I was trying to be hopeful headed into that game. While staying 'realistic'. 

So what happened? Bryce threw gasoline on the fire. 

Damn interception. Would be awesome to have a QB that doesn't throw those.....

Oh snap. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Damn interception. Would be awesome to have a QB that doesn't throw those.....

Oh snap. 

See, there we go again. Many of those other guys that throw ints, do stuff to make up for it. And I don't believe a single one does that slow dropback and stands on his tippy toes to see. 

Another real good example of why the complaining is the bomb Carr threw to go up 7-0.

He had A'Shawn's hand almost on him with the blocker driven straight back (it was impressive) but he stepped into that throw and took the hit and look at the pass he threw.

And no one wanted him, they wanted the guy that won't step int his throws if there is a hit at the end of it. 

The issues are huge. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I agree with you.

I will just say that each game will be a test for him, and on the first test, he got an f.

Worse than F.

Incomplete lol 

Okay.... Bryce Young, again. 

Passer rating = 32.8   32nd ranked.

QBR = 12.3   32nd ranked 

But, let's not do stats because it was worse than the stats; the Saints went to prevent most of the second half. 

I understand doing the due diligence, and would like to have him playing with the team having had a few weeks to get into things because this is all new for everybody and it should improve.

But I can't see the future to know if he will improve. Because I expected a little better last week it was atrocious. And his play cannot be excused by the OL or the WRs, or the pea in the mattress that kept him awake all night.

If he repeats those numbers again it could quickly get to the point where you'll have to cut him off like a guy at the bar. Enough. 

Again, another week, I do expect him to be better, again. As a prediction but also as a requirement. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

On 8/14/2024 at 6:15 PM, NAS said:

Just give him support and let him have the season to prove he can be the guy. Otherwise we move on. This whole bashing is problematic. Many of you made up your minds a long time ago. I remain skeptical but am honestly hoping he can still live up to the expectations.  

I wanted Stroud but that’s water under the bridge. You can’t go back in time and redo the pick, we know Tepper fugged up so just support your team, let him develop and stop calling for his head because there is nobody waiting in the wings to replace him.  

Rant over 

Very well said! I know it's been a while since we tasted success, but man, everyone needs to just chill a minute. At least give them the season to see growth and development, I mean, change doesn't happen instantly. Something tells me we'll be surprised. 

Edited by Dragoon11

I think people wanting to see improvement will be disappointed. The NFL has an entire season of film on Young, it’s only going to get worse. Young doesn’t just need to learn how to be a QB, he needs to learn how to be bigger stronger and faster. Not happening. Time to move on.

• Pie 1