• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

NAS

15 hours ago, strato said:

We can waive his ass and someone could claim him, technically. Which is the only way I'd take a look at him. 

But, I've had a good enough look.

Nah, can't cut him - he'd have a ~$22m dead cap hit and would cost us $12m in cap space. You just have to make him a back up and let the contract play out and decline the 5th year option.

I don't understand any of the surprise. In Bryce, himself being surprised, I guess I could understand. He is buddies with all these other QBs and considered himself one of them I guess. Maybe thought he was better, in his inner thoughts.

He is really not one of them and it was going to come out if he pushed it. And he did. Had an agent, did all the big time maneuvers to get drafted high, I hope he tipped his agent. But it is out now. Be fuging careful what you ask for. 

If he would have asked to be a late 1st mid 2nd and God forbid, a 3rd round pick, he would have avoided all that pressure. Nope. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

Nah, can't cut him - he'd have a ~$22m dead cap hit and would cost us $12m in cap space. You just have to make him a back up and let the contract play out and decline the 5th year option.

Sure, agreed. It sort of a statement just to illustrate where things were. Technically I guess. 

I have been on the 'he is the number 2 because you can't really cut him' and still have to pay a backup too for the new guy. Bryce is guaranteed, you are giving him his money no matter what. No brainer. 

He is actually the perfect backup to a young player because no one is going to be clamoring for him to start over the rookie no matter how bad he looks.

I just posted and then saw this... so I may have made my quota lol. 

15 hours ago, Xtreme said:

The only benefit to keep playing him is to boost his value. It won't be much but it could decent enough to trade him for a 6th MAYBE a 5th. 

The best part is we're not even done paying for him yet.  We still owe the Bears next year's second round pick, which will likely be the first pick in the 2nd round.

14 hours ago, NAS said:

I will be honest I don’t think I can sit through a season worth of this crap.

The 2023-2024 (aka Bryce Young) Panther are the worst offensive team I've seen in the past 10 years. They are really a hard team to watch. No paying fan should have to watch this sorry display of football for back to back seasons. The one game Dalton played wasn't great, but it was much more exciting than all of Young's performances, with the possible exception of the GB game. I don't see how the offense or defense can get mentally ready to play week in and week out knowing the have no chance to win because the offense is going to struggle to get to 14 points per game.

14 hours ago, NAS said:

I will be honest I don’t think I can sit through a season worth of this crap. At the same time, best decision is to let him play out the season and then move on.  Chances are he will probably get hurt at some point anyway.

It’s amazing that it took 1 week of play for Young to lose the support of posters wanting to give him a chance this year. I agree that I’d let him play out the year. Dalton isn’t the answer and honestly his winning % is poo since 2015. We just need to get to our new QB in ASAP.

I guess the only problem is the development of Leggette and Sanders. Mingo’s route running looked so bad on Sullivan’s video of Young that I’m not worried about him and Johnson is a vet so we kind of already know him.

It’s a balancing act of getting the top pick and advancing the young guys. I’m leaning towards the pick because we’ve already passed up Stroud, AR, Williams, Daniels and Maye. The last thing we need is the top QB in 2025 to go one pick before us.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Whose alt is this?

One of the very last Bryce stans is getting a little hissy, I see.

Don't get worked up so easily because things will likely get even worse for your golden boy. Save your energy for later.

17 hours ago, Xtreme said:

The only benefit to keep playing him is to boost his value. It won't be much but it could decent enough to trade him for a 6th MAYBE a 5th. 

Not the only benefit. The season is still young (no pun intended). If he plays himself out of the mess extending from last season, and actually begins to look like a starter, then great. If he continues to suck, then we should be willing to take the hit so that he can play us into a draft position that will bring forth his replacement (much like Pickles did when his play afforded us Cam).

Edited by TD alt