• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

NAS

3 minutes ago, MRenshaw said:

He ain't worth a 5th or 6th round pick, or even a 7th round pick. Roster spots are limited, so why waste it on him when they can easily pick up an UDFA who can outplay him?

We can waive his ass and someone could claim him, technically. Which is the only way I'd take a look at him. 

But, I've had a good enough look.

• Pie 3

I will be honest I don’t think I can sit through a season worth of this crap. At the same time, best decision is to let him play out the season and then move on.  Chances are he will probably get hurt at some point anyway.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

23 minutes ago, NAS said:

I will be honest I don’t think I can sit through a season worth of this crap. At the same time, best decision is to let him play out the season and then move on.  Chances are he will probably get hurt at some point anyway.

Just fake an Injury and stash him on IR. Another few games and it's a mercy for everyone. Trade him in the offseason for a last day pick in '26 and call it as good as that is going to get.

I still think playing him all season will get people fired. It’s either blatant tanking or massive incompetence.

• Beer 1

On 8/14/2024 at 9:15 PM, NAS said:

Just give him support and let him have the season to prove he can be the guy. Otherwise we move on. This whole bashing is problematic. Many of you made up your minds a long time ago. I remain skeptical but am honestly hoping he can still live up to the expectations.  

I wanted Stroud but that’s water under the bridge. You can’t go back in time and redo the pick, we know Tepper fugged up so just support your team, let him develop and stop calling for his head because there is nobody waiting in the wings to replace him.  

Rant over 

Or what? You going to suspend my account for a week again? The time for bashing is NOW. No justice, no peace! Tepper must admit his mistake before we, as fans, can move on. 

I will bash the decision to bring Bryce in, and I will continue to bash his lack of skills and how asinine it was that I, an avid follower of college football, could spot the very weaknesses in Bryce’s game as far back as 2021 yet a billionaire owner meddled and could not see it. 

then, I was banned for a week from the Huddle for saying this. For detailing his short comings. For detailing his lack of traditional skills within the framework of an offense. His lack of tangible assets to work with at the highest level. 

So no, I am being vindicated the more time that goes by and I will not be quiet about it. 

I was going through YouTube shorts and checking the pulse, and all were pretty disappointed in Bryce but then McShay comes up and it is just like last season. 

Something something ‘sucking his soul’ something something

Take me back. I guess he is invested. Or is it a new angle on hating on Tepper, where Young is the victim? 

• Beer 1

My problem is that his biggest weakness that “he can improve” his pocket awareness and footwork is still as horrible as it was in college and it hasn’t gotten better in two college seasons and one professional season plus an offseason… it’s still god awful… if that doesn’t improve… he doesn’t improve and you can’t really fix that mid season. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

10 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Or what? You going to suspend my account for a week again? The time for bashing is NOW. No justice, no peace! Tepper must admit his mistake before we, as fans, can move on. 

I will bash the decision to bring Bryce in, and I will continue to bash his lack of skills and how asinine it was that I, an avid follower of college football, could spot the very weaknesses in Bryce’s game as far back as 2021 yet a billionaire owner meddled and could not see it. 

then, I was banned for a week from the Huddle for saying this. For detailing his short comings. For detailing his lack of traditional skills within the framework of an offense. His lack of tangible assets to work with at the highest level. 

So no, I am being vindicated the more time that goes by and I will not be quiet about it. 

The Teppers thought Bryce was more marketable than Stroud plain and simple.  I would almost bet they forced the Leegette pick too.  Hey this guy talks cool and is kinda local, these dumb hicks will eat that up he must be the pick.  And instead of quitting right there on the spot when Young was forced on him Reich quiet quit on the team.  I don't blame him, Bryces limitations can't be coached around unless the defense is dominant and we can rush for 250 a game. 

I'm most concerned about Bryce's confidence.  It's not looking good.  If he can't get it back together, he's going to become Zach Wilson.  I don't want that for him, for the team, or for us the fans.

While Bryce does own his failures and problems, it's also up to Dave Canales to put Bryce in position to succeed.  Watching some of the breakdowns of the game (QB School and Aaron Duncan), what stuck out to me was the general disorder on a lot of these plays.  Protections, routes, and Bryce, there was plenty of blame to go around.  

They are going to have to get this ship in order or it will sink.   

• Pie 2

43 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I'm most concerned about Bryce's confidence.  It's not looking good.  If he can't get it back together, he's going to become Zach Wilson.  I don't want that for him, for the team, or for us the fans.

While Bryce does own his failures and problems, it's also up to Dave Canales to put Bryce in position to succeed.  Watching some of the breakdowns of the game (QB School and Aaron Duncan), what stuck out to me was the general disorder on a lot of these plays.  Protections, routes, and Bryce, there was plenty of blame to go around.  

They are going to have to get this ship in order or it will sink.   

Judging by the last game his confidence is shattered already. The way he looked after the first pick and play he already looked broken. He stuck to the plan and did what they worked on and pick. The longer the game went on the more they went away from all of the offseason plans. He isn't dumb and it's obvious so it must be really brutal for him.

If they want to right the ship they need to play a QB that can run DC's offense. There isn't an offense they can change up to that's going to fix this or Young. They tried that already and it lasted 1 play. Better oline play which was very good for week 1, better WR separations where guys were open frequently and better playcalling and yet the same outcome.

Bryce was always the biggest problem and he already proved it in 1 week this year. He can't make the throws that NFL QBs have to make to get playing time.

• Pie 3