• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

NAS

30 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

fug that, I would rather have a good QB.... 

I would like nothing more than for Bryce to show why we moved up to draft him, I just think it's a long shot after seeing him last season. 

I feel the same way. While I don't have high hopes, he gets a shot this season.  If it doesn't work out, we try again next year with a qb in the draft.  

• Pie 6

37 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

fug that, I would rather have a good QB.... 

I would like nothing more than for Bryce to show why we moved up to draft him, I just think it's a long shot after seeing him last season. 

Where did you read that as anyone not wanting a good QB? The wait and see people typically won’t want him if he continues to struggle. Last year was just tough to grade anyone on offense. If he stinks it up he will lead us to the pick to replace him. This year should be better because we actually have a first to fall back on if we completely suck again. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Sorry but that’s nonsense

When vets are sucking it up, nobody says to stop bashing them.  With how early into careers players become impact players these days, any rookie should be open to fair criticism

when you were the #1 pick after giving up what we did to get the pick, then it’s even more fair game.

No, none of that is Bryce’s fault, but it’s what comes along with the trade and draft pick, you make 10’s of millions, you’re not immune to fair criticism because you’re young.

Sure, criticize the front office for making such a stupid trade and pick, even more so than you criticize Bryce.

But he’s the #1 pick of the draft who looks like a high school player out there with a noodle for an arm.  He sold himself on his super brain and even with that, the game looked entirely too fast for him the entirety of the season.

He earned this criticism with his play, he needs to earn it going away on the field, or well… try to, because I sincerely don’t believe he can

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2024 at 10:13 PM, methodtoll said:

I have said since the beginning of last year to be patient with Bryce Young and I still hold to it. I am at least giving him this season, and maybe next depending on what improvement he has made. I think my main argument is that we can't keep changing QBs every time they don't play to your expectations initially... We got to give him time to let it play out and his rookie season is not enough to justify moving on. 

That said, if he fails to improve after this season, then I will talk about Beck, Ewers, or Sanders but until then... It's Bryce's time right now. 

(P.S. I am a Georgia fan so definitely would love to have Beck on our team but that is a discussion for another day)

You still wanna give him the entire season if he continues to poo the bed?

9 minutes ago, MRenshaw said:

You still wanna give him the entire season if he continues to poo the bed?

The only benefit to keep playing him is to boost his value. It won't be much but it could decent enough to trade him for a 6th MAYBE a 5th. 

12 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Hate it for the kid...how could so many pundits be so wrong. Hes toast.

Pundits... are bullshitters and follow narratives like lemmings. No penalty to them if they miss, like weather forecasters. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

The only benefit to keep playing him is to boost his value. It won't be much but it could decent enough to trade him for a 6th MAYBE a 5th. 

He ain't worth a 5th or 6th round pick, or even a 7th round pick. Roster spots are limited, so why waste it on him when they can easily pick up an UDFA who can outplay him?

• Flames 1