• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

NAS

2 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

The Mike Remmers bashing needs to stop

Same for Turnstill Stuessie .

Calling him Turnstile is so unfair and negative. 

If I spelled that right, buy me a coffee lol. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, strato said:

Underdog. I can’t get there with Bryce. And that is nothing he has done (well, now that I say that, I remember: he did game the combine to maintain his elite draft position). So maybe I take that back... he is responsible for being where he is.

Maybe if he gets benched, cut, his dog dies, he invests all his money with Terence Howard’s tech venture, loses it. Resorts to the UFL or CFL, never quits, and makes his way back to the NFL as a journeyman? Then of course the starter is hurt and Bryce comes in... yeah. Second chances, when you are finally ready for it. I am all the way in on that. I’d be cheering him hard. A typical by the numbers cliche story, still fun. 

Right now, he is the overdog, apparently too valuable to be exposed to competition. Or too good to beat out I guess? Taking marks off the team for that. 

Part two, about losing to us being embarrassing? All over that one, today. 

He's the underdog because of his size my friend. All odds are against him despite of how he got here. He's been beating the odds his entire career until now. He's always been a one of a kind at his position and it was not in his favor to be so. How is he not? Because a lot of folks believed in him does not change the fact he's an anomaly. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

tbh, a player being bashed is going to happen. Folks will get frustrated and lash out.

It's the insistence on a small handful of posters to tank every thread by repeating the same diatribes (true or not) before attacking folks that voice being over their shtick that needs to stop imo.

Edited by Icege

I agree and this notion that the Panthers have been a dumpster fire forever also needs to stop.  Panthers have been to two Super Bowls and not long ago chased a perfect season.  

• Pie 2

We've all fit Bryce into a certain box by now.... You're right, quit bashing the kid... (he never saw the train comin) He'll eventually tell us what box he fits in soon enough... and we'll move on in another direction one way or another... its another wasted experimental season....7 losing season to be exact and nothing we have ever experienced as Panther fans. The pride is weak and hard to be found right now.... Thus the mantra 'Keep Pounding'  is being tested more than ever.... I'll also refrain from  Depper  derogatory comments right now because they always present themselves....I'll take that opportunity later.... which is my favorite pastime.

11 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

We've all fit Bryce into a certain box by now.... You're right, quit bashing the kid... (he never saw the train comin) He'll eventually tell us what box he fits in soon enough... and we'll move on in another direction one way or another... its another wasted experimental season....7 losing season to be exact and nothing we have ever experienced as Panther fans. The pride is weak and hard to be found right now.... Thus the mantra 'Keep Pounding'  is being tested more than ever.... I'll also refrain from  Depper  derogatory comments right now because they always present themselves....I'll take that opportunity later.... which is my favorite pastime.

There are several boxes at Lowes he would fit in.  It's not hard to find one.

55 minutes ago, jtm said:

I agree and this notion that the Panthers have been a dumpster fire forever also needs to stop.  Panthers have been to two Super Bowls and not long ago chased a perfect season.  

The peaks have been high for sure but 7 winning seasons in 30 years and only 10 total at .500 or better, no back-to-back winning seasons ever, and the utter tripe of Tepper's (6 years and counting now) tenure means the organization has been a smoldering dumpster fire for much of its existence. And that pursuit of the perfect record you mention was a decade ago now, basically irrelevant.

I've been with the team since day 1 and take the good with the bad, but let's not try to sugarcoat it. Just the plight of the Panthers fandom.

Edited by KSpan

48 minutes ago, jtm said:

But that's EXACTLY what is so frustrating about David Tepper, he has blown up a relatively very successful young franchise 

The talent drain on this team since he took over is insane 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, jtm said:

Bull s.hit. We've had losing seasons for  6 years straight, no playoff wins 8 years straight.  There's been a long consistent drought since that season you're referencing. Stop the cap.