• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

NAS

It's kind of hard not to when he's given us nothing to cheer for. All his deep passes have been either underthrown or thrown to the sidelines (just like last year). CBs are undercutting his throws. His velocity on his throws are worrisome. It seems like he's worked on NOTHING during the offseason. How bout just give us a good practice to get hype for, or anything that says "oh, this guy might be something".

And y'all might not like it but the moment we traded a king's ransom for him, he was always going to be judged more intently. It also doesn't help that CJ Stroud is already a top 5 QB in the league. It has just put every Panthers fan in a bad mood.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3

9 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Our overall side is still close to the bottom of the league. But I do believe Bryce shows enough to be our guy going forward. I just wish our FO would learn from the Bills and Dolphins

The only way to really see if a young struggling QB has it is to get him that alpha. I like Johnson but he’s not that level should have sent the Leggette pick for Aiyuk. 

You guys are really sick if you think adding a WR is going to make Bryce throw a better ball.

He reached his limits in college. He does not have the physical tools to make the throws into NFL windows on a consistent basis. 

I hope I am wrong but practice has just shown more of the same.  IF we had a top 5 D it would look better, but he is sucking terribly against a middling D at best. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I agree with this part a lot, thought I'm not convinced of the first part of your post.  I want to see real game play, not practice, not preseason.  I want to see the first month of the season before I start to make those more final determinations (that will be about 20 games for him).

21 minutes ago, Castavar said:

And y'all might not like it but the moment we traded a king's ransom for him, he was always going to be judged more intently. It also doesn't help that CJ Stroud is already a top 5 QB in the league. It has just put every Panthers fan in a bad mood.

We want to show off our fancy purchases (hey, come see my new car/tv/phone/etc).  Bryce did not look good while the other guy we could have drafted looks amazing.  Welp, that stinks, but there's still a chance Bryce can get better.  People miss on QBs/players all the time, it's part of the NFL.  We're just so tired of being in his crappy situation.  I understand that completely.

The QB tends to get too much credit for wins and losses.  I don't think we're expecting 17-0 season, but we want to be competitive again.  We want to have a chance for hope, not sinking into the poo so quickly.

12 hours ago, NAS said:

Just give him support and let him have the season to prove he can be the guy. Otherwise we move on. This whole bashing is problematic. Many of you made up your minds a long time ago. I remain skeptical but am honestly hoping he can still live up to the expectations.  

I wanted Stroud but that’s water under the bridge. You can’t go back in time and redo the pick, we know Tepper fugged up so just support your team, let him develop and stop calling for his head because there is nobody waiting in the wings to replace him.  

Rant over 

Should we give him a participation trophy while we are at it? Dude is a professional athlete and wouldn’t be third string on probably 16 other teams right now. So we can bash Tepper for pushing this, we can bash Fitterer for not standing up to Tepper. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

It's kind of hard not to when he's given us nothing to cheer for. All his deep passes have been either underthrown or thrown to the sidelines (just like last year). CBs are undercutting his throws. His velocity on his throws are worrisome. It seems like he's worked on NOTHING during the offseason. How bout just give us a good practice to get hype for, or anything that says "oh, this guy might be something".

This is the least excited for a season I have been in a long time and that says something because I love football and the panthers. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I'm excited to see how the new regime looks.  I don't see why people get emotional and worried about things they can't control.  Young didn't ask for us to trade the farm for him.  Hopefully we have something to get excited about this year.  

33 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Just curious as to why Bryce gets a thread like this but the countless, countless other former Panthers players who sucked did not.

Im waiting on the ‘Tepper bashing needs to stop’ thread.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I root for the kid because he is an underdog in this league. I would love to see the little guy go out there and destroy his opponents. Imagine the embarrassment of the other team if they lost to this kid and these scrubs. 

Underdog. I can’t get there with Bryce. And that is nothing he has done (well, now that I say that, I remember: he did game the combine to maintain his elite draft position). So maybe I take that back... he is responsible for being where he is.

Maybe if he gets benched, cut, his dog dies, he invests all his money with Terence Howard’s tech venture, loses it. Resorts to the UFL or CFL, never quits, and makes his way back to the NFL as a journeyman? Then of course the starter is hurt and Bryce comes in... yeah. Second chances, when you are finally ready for it. I am all the way in on that. I’d be cheering him hard. A typical by the numbers cliche story, still fun. 

Right now, he is the overdog, apparently too valuable to be exposed to competition. Or too good to beat out I guess? Taking marks off the team for that. 

Part two, about losing to us being embarrassing? All over that one, today. 

edit: I am waiting fore someone to hit me because they think that is the ONLY way I would cheer for him. It is the underdog aspect. Rooting for him because he is somehow an underdog. 

If he starts tearing it up I will be about it. We could have a 3 foot QB and if he did the job I would be all for it. I would have to see that to believe it though. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1