• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

NAS

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Just give him support and let him have the season to prove he can be the guy. Otherwise we move on. This whole bashing is problematic. Many of you made up your minds a long time ago. I remain skeptical but am honestly hoping he can still live up to the expectations.  

I wanted Stroud but that’s water under the bridge. You can’t go back in time and redo the pick, we know Tepper fugged up so just support your team, let him develop and stop calling for his head because there is nobody waiting in the wings to replace him.  

Rant over 

I mean reports are he got destroyed today when the defense wasn’t fuging around. 

Bryce has to show something other than some dimes to DJ Chark vs Greenbay, okay ?

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 1

Good Lord 🙄

He was one of the worst QBs, statistically, last year, and he hasn’t exactly looked great in the preseason. He’s going to get bashed. He’ll have plenty opportunity to shut folks up this season. If he continues to stink, he’ll continue to get bashed. 

• Pie 6

34 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Good Lord 🙄

He was one of the worst QBs, statistically, last year, and he hasn’t exactly looked great in the preseason. He’s going to get bashed. He’ll have plenty opportunity to shut folks up this season. If he continues to stink, he’ll continue to get bashed. 

Pretty much this. All you Bryce stands keep clutching your God damn pearls every time anyone says anything negative about him. 

If Bryce balls out 99% of his haters will either convert to fans or go into hiding. Point blank. 

And in my opinion he and the team have sucked so bad. It wouldn't even take much for him to start getting positive momentum because the fans are desperate for offensive competence. 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Our overall side is still close to the bottom of the league. But I do believe Bryce shows enough to be our guy going forward. I just wish our FO would learn from the Bills and Dolphins

The only way to really see if a young struggling QB has it is to get him that alpha. I like Johnson but he’s not that level should have sent the Leggette pick for Aiyuk. 

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

You’re still gonna find bias in both lol 

You are gonna get unbiased criticism of the other team though. If someone impresses, they will say. You know, “damn, I told everybody we should draft this guy”.

I think it is a great idea. I mean I read that site where Person described the Jets practice last year. When I heard people talking here, I thought it must have been a different practice. 

2 hours ago, NAS said:

Just give him support and let him have the season to prove he can be the guy. Otherwise we move on. This whole bashing is problematic. Many of you made up your minds a long time ago. I remain skeptical but am honestly hoping he can still live up to the expectations.  

I wanted Stroud but that’s water under the bridge. You can’t go back in time and redo the pick, we know Tepper fugged up so just support your team, let him develop and stop calling for his head because there is nobody waiting in the wings to replace him.  

Rant over 

I judge you to be a reasonable person. What did they promise you? I’ll double it. 

JK

I mean, as a former Bryce stan, it just kind of is what it is. Certainly there isn't a very satisfying point in bashing him at this juncture. We are probably stuck with him as a starting QB for at least another season and a half or so.

We should all wish him the best. The alternative is pretty fuging depressing. 

• Pie 1

I'm out of hope and I was never a cheerleader type. This team hasn't put anything together for years to be excited about or even respect. Just get it over with, sink or swim, it's not my fault.

If Bryce wants to be respected then he can do something to earn it. If not then he can continue to be a running joke not just around here but leauge wide. This is all for entertainment so if I can't root for something good then all I have left is to laugh at the bad.

• Pie 1

I root for the kid because he is an underdog in this league. I would love to see the little guy go out there and destroy his opponents. Imagine the embarrassment of the other team if they lost to this kid and these scrubs. 

• Beer 1

I really dont even understand the purpose of this thread.  Is coddling bryce and giving him our unconditional love and support going to make him a nfl qb?  Is his psyche so fragile he cannot take internet criticism?

I think he has been pampered his entire life, played on the absolute best teams, had the absolute best coaching and the absolute best situations.   Take that away from him and you see what happens.

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I really dont even understand the purpose of this thread.  Is coddling bryce and giving him our unconditional love and support going to make him a nfl qb?  Is his psyche so fragile he cannot take internet criticism?

I think he has been pampered his entire life, played on the absolute best teams, had the absolute best coaching and the absolute best situations.   Take that away from him and you see what happens.

Don't despair.You can still say ‘bad’ things.

Bashing the drafted players, still legal.

The people that drafted them, the ownership, the analytics guy, the trainer that has everybody tweaking hamstrings...

say all the bad poo you want. You will find many of the complainers standing in solidarity with you I’ll bet. 

We just have a sacred calf. 

• Beer 1