• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

NAS

If people are showing up as Panthers fans that has to be enough for now. We're all waiting for the regular season.

The othering fellow fans is getting old all around and people need to stop trying to claim the high ground while doing so.

• Pie 5

4 minutes ago, NAS said:

Just give him support and let him have the season to prove he can be the guy. Otherwise we move on. This whole bashing is problematic. Many of you made up your minds a long time ago. I remain skeptical but am honestly hoping he can still live up to the expectations.  

I wanted Stroud but that’s water under the bridge. You can’t go back in time and redo the pick, we know Tepper fugged up so just support your team, let him develop and stop calling for his head because there is nobody waiting in the wings to replace him.  

Rant over 

If people cant bash him prior to seeing him play this season than people cant praise him either. 

We all hope he can be a good QB but the fact is if he doesnt play well enough to keep us from drafting high again its over for him. 

• Pie 7

1 minute ago, frankw said:

The othering fellow fans is getting old all around and people need to stop trying to claim the high ground while doing so.

Not taking the high road, I have been vocal as well but this is just too much, it’s only preseason lol

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

If people cant bash him prior to seeing him play this season than people cant praise him either. 

We all hope he can be a good QB but the fact is if he doesnt play well enough to keep us from drafting high again its over for him. 

I don’t disagree, so let’s just keep calm and wait and see.   

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, NAS said:

Just give him support and let him have the season to prove he can be the guy. Otherwise we move on. This whole bashing is problematic. Many of you made up your minds a long time ago. I remain skeptical but am honestly hoping he can still live up to the expectations.    

If he plays well and wins games, he will get support.  If he doesn't, he won't.  That is how it works in professional sports.  

I do agree that the constant bashing is pointless.  He was terrible last year, we all know it, and if he is terrible this year, he will be gone.  And we will try it again with the draft next year.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, NAS said:

Not taking the high road, I have been vocal as well but this is just too much, it’s only preseason lol

Just so we're on the same page I wasn't directing that at you or the OP. It was just a general observation of the overall tone here. I've read your posts and generally 9 times out of 10 you are reasonable. I didn't get the vibe I mentioned from your remarks here. I just feel like it needs to be said regarding the convo overall. Because today's practice thread immediately devolved into a back and forth and it was mainly from the one posting tweets who makes it his mission to police other fans for having a differing opinion and get on a high horse and then turning around and calling the huddle toxic. There's just foolishness all around that needs to be acknowledged and we can all move on to the Jets matchup.

As far as it being preseason. We really really need to see these starters get out there and get some reps or this uneasiness within the fanbase is going to carry over into the season opener as is the unhelpful dialogue.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Just so we're on the same page I wasn't directing that at you or the OP. It was just a general observation of the overall tone here. I've read your posts and generally 9 times out of 10 you are reasonable. I didn't get the vibe I mentioned from your remarks here. I just feel like it needs to be said regarding the convo overall. Because today's practice thread immediately devolved into a back and forth and it was mainly from the one posting tweets who makes it his mission to police other fans for having a differing opinion and get on a high horse and then turning around and calling the huddle toxic. There's just foolishness all around that needs to be acknowledged and we can all move on to the Jets matchup.

As far as it being preseason. We really really need to see these starters get out there and get some reps or this uneasiness within the fanbase is going to carry over into the season opener as is the unhelpful dialogue.

There is no hiding from the Jets media tomorrow! They will have no problem telling everyone how we look on offense. I'm going to try to find a few Jets reporters that show up to follow on Twitter and sprinkle those into the thread

• Beer 1
  • Flames 5

Bryce is objectively not very good at this point and appears to have developed nothing further than where he was last year, he and the offense are not having a very good camp at this point, and Canales keeping him and the offense off the field can sure make it seem like they're being hidden even more while at a minimum giving fans nothing to actually be positive about.

Sorry man, but while spouting nonsensical badmouthing is dumb, it's entirely rational to criticize and have a poor outlook at this point. Doesn't mean the team (and especially the offense) can't still develop of course, but there is zilch to support that at this point.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 7
  • Flames 2

Ok. Well since you said so. I guess I'll keep my mouth shut. That settles it folks. Please put the word out to the media. Bryce bashing has officially ended. I will call for a press conference for tomorrow morning.  

Let it be known that today August 14, 2024 at 9:18pm Eastern time Bryce Young bashing has officially ended!!. 

Edited by jasonluckydog
Us or it. Whatever
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

There is no hiding from the Jets media tomorrow! They will have no problem telling everyone how we look on offense. I'm going to try to find a few Jets reporters that show up to follow on Twitter and sprinkle those into the thread

Sooooo you’re looking for someone not biased 

Got it lol 

Panthers media in 2019 did the same with the Bills practice but regular season showed differently.

Point being you’re not gonna get a good picture from either side

Edited by Panthercougar68